How to disable the Windows Live mail sign in Window????

Anonymous
2011-02-11T14:00:16+00:00

I have Windows 7, when I upgraded all my outlook contacts transferred to Windows Live mail. I entered the pop 3 info for my comcast email account, I have never had to sign in for over a year. Now for some reason everytime I check my email, a  sign in window appears, the email still seems to work, maybe a little more sluggish but the sign in keeps popping up. How do I disable the sign in? If I wanted to get my hotmail mail I know I would need to sign in, but I use it just like I did my outlook account that is connected to Comcast email account.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-08-19T12:33:39+00:00

Hi,

To disable the sign in window, open Windows Live Mail and go to:

The Windows Live Mail drop-down menu icon (top left above 'Email Message' icon).

Select 'Options', then click on 'Mail' from the selection offered.

In the mail 'Options' property pages, select the 'Connection' tab and click 'Stop Signing in' from the 'Connecting to Windows Live Services' section.

Click 'stop signing in' to any warning messages.

Click 'OK' to exit the 'Options' Property pages

That should do it.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-27T11:34:08+00:00

    It is like the one on April 4, 2014 with Firedog. However, I do not want to sign in as the part red lined - "Remember me and sign in automatically".

    ChesleyReed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-27T07:42:07+00:00

    I still get the Windows Live Mail popup.

    Please describe this pop-up. Is it like the one I posted on 4 April? Or perhaps like this one?

    (... possibly with different text alongside the spinning doughnut).

    Or this one?

    (... with a different window title and a different server name).

    Or perhaps a different one altogether?

    Whatever it is, it has a purpose, but unless we know which one you're talking about, we can't possibly make any suggestions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-27T04:48:34+00:00

    I took the steps listed above and this did not work. I still get the Windows Live Mail popup. Does anybody have another way that works?

    Chesley

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-04T23:19:04+00:00

    Unfortunately, I always check that box, but it still asks me to sign in the next time. I have multiple mail accounts running through WLM.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments