How to disable the Windows Live mail sign in Window????

Anonymous
2011-02-11T14:00:16+00:00

I have Windows 7, when I upgraded all my outlook contacts transferred to Windows Live mail. I entered the pop 3 info for my comcast email account, I have never had to sign in for over a year. Now for some reason everytime I check my email, a  sign in window appears, the email still seems to work, maybe a little more sluggish but the sign in keeps popping up. How do I disable the sign in? If I wanted to get my hotmail mail I know I would need to sign in, but I use it just like I did my outlook account that is connected to Comcast email account.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-08-19T12:33:39+00:00

Hi,

To disable the sign in window, open Windows Live Mail and go to:

The Windows Live Mail drop-down menu icon (top left above 'Email Message' icon).

Select 'Options', then click on 'Mail' from the selection offered.

In the mail 'Options' property pages, select the 'Connection' tab and click 'Stop Signing in' from the 'Connecting to Windows Live Services' section.

Click 'stop signing in' to any warning messages.

Click 'OK' to exit the 'Options' Property pages

That should do it.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-19T03:00:26+00:00

    I can't open my window live mail

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-09-28T14:03:48+00:00

    That makes no sense. There is no Options drop down men.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-23T07:03:19+00:00

     In reply to GordonGaffney's post on August 19, 2011

    There is no icon, no "options", nothing. now what?

    A lot of things have changed in the five years since Gordon posted that. You should be able to open the program options dialogue by pressing Ctrl-Shift-O.

    Perhaps it would be better if you used the Ask the community option to explain your problem in detail.

    ![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/dfd9f42f-5b58-4413-b933-58d06d4edc76?platform=QnA)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-23T00:09:26+00:00

    There is no icon, no "options", nothing. now what?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments