How to disable the Windows Live mail sign in Window????

Anonymous
2011-02-11T14:00:16+00:00

I have Windows 7, when I upgraded all my outlook contacts transferred to Windows Live mail. I entered the pop 3 info for my comcast email account, I have never had to sign in for over a year. Now for some reason everytime I check my email, a  sign in window appears, the email still seems to work, maybe a little more sluggish but the sign in keeps popping up. How do I disable the sign in? If I wanted to get my hotmail mail I know I would need to sign in, but I use it just like I did my outlook account that is connected to Comcast email account.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-08-19T12:33:39+00:00

Hi,

To disable the sign in window, open Windows Live Mail and go to:

The Windows Live Mail drop-down menu icon (top left above 'Email Message' icon).

Select 'Options', then click on 'Mail' from the selection offered.

In the mail 'Options' property pages, select the 'Connection' tab and click 'Stop Signing in' from the 'Connecting to Windows Live Services' section.

Click 'stop signing in' to any warning messages.

Click 'OK' to exit the 'Options' Property pages

That should do it.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-09-14T09:41:27+00:00

    Hi this i believe will help however i cannot find the  windows live mail drow-down menu or the email message icon. Please help

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-11T21:40:19+00:00

    Hi,

    To disable the sign in window, open Windows Live Mail and go to:

    The Windows Live Mail drop-down menu icon (top left above 'Email Message' icon).

    Select 'Options', then click on 'Mail' from the selection offered.

    In the mail 'Options' property pages, select the 'Connection' tab and click 'Stop Signing in' from the 'Connecting to Windows Live Services' section.

    Click 'stop signing in' to any warning messages.

    Click 'OK' to exit the 'Options' Property pages

    That should do it.

    That took care of my problem! Thank You! It started happening when I right clicked on a photo and the clicked  "Send To" Email receipient, and it sent the email using SkyDrive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-02-16T01:21:59+00:00

    Think of the Windows Live ID: as 'added security'....to your E-mails.

    You can set it, to "remember password, keep me logged in." or, simply use as normal entering it yourself. So that no-one else can enter your E-mailer, and, mess with it.

    Good enough reason for you, Dana?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-02-11T16:37:52+00:00
    1. Open Windows Live Mail.
    2. Click the e‑mail account you want to change.
    3. Click the Accounts tab, and then click Properties.
    4. Click the Servers tab, Cilck remember passwordthen type in your password provided by your e‑mail service provider, and then clickOK
    5. Done!

    hope this helps

    -Lal

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments