Epson printer printout states: A router/access point channel conflict detected - improve your wireless network enviroment ???

Anonymous
2011-03-19T03:38:55+00:00

I am trying to print from my laptop to my Epson Printer.  It will not work on one of documents or from the internet.  The Epson prints out the following: A router/access point channel conflict has been detected - improve your wireless network enviroment.  My router is sitting beside my printer and laptop.  The green WiFi light on the front of the printer is on.  I have no problems using my Ipad in the other room.  So what does the printout mean ?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-26T21:01:41+00:00

    I solved this problem today 5/26/16 by getting a firmware update for the printer!  Then everything worked without having to change any router settings!  This probably also had printer driver updates.  It worked both on windows 10 and windows 8!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-27T05:48:40+00:00

    I solved this problem today 5/26/16 by getting a firmware update for the printer!  Then everything worked without having to change any router settings!  This probably also had printer driver updates.  It worked both on windows 10 and windows 8!

    Oh thank God please tell me how you did that!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-02T16:41:07+00:00

    I am trying to print from my laptop to my Epson Printer.  It will not work on one of documents or from the internet.  The Epson prints out the following: A router/access point channel conflict has been detected - improve your wireless network enviroment.  My router is sitting beside my printer and laptop.  The green WiFi light on the front of the printer is on.  I have no problems using my Ipad in the other room.  So what does the printout mean ?

    cannot connect Epson SX535WD printer to enable me to wifi print.

    Printer says "enter the following code into your access point or computer within two minutes.   36694877"   How do i do this ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-01-23T23:12:30+00:00

    I was unable to access the router I was connecting thru...rental situation...nobody had p/w etc, but I could access it physically.

    What I did:

    1. Another printer was on and connected to the router (could see in wifi networks avail) - turned this printer off
    2. Recycled the router (unplug and wait for 30 sec)

    3 Reboot the router (when the router came back up the printer auto connected again)

    This worked.

    I think the other printer was the conflict but can't be 100% sure.  I tried other steps like disconnecting my printer from wifi and re running the setup wizard (nothing).  Updating s/w for the printer (nothing).  This was an extremely frustrating problem b/c I could see my printer on the network, I could even see the ink levels, but it still would not print. 

    Try eliminating the conflict with another device before reprogramming/resetting everything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments