Epson printer printout states: A router/access point channel conflict detected - improve your wireless network enviroment ???

Anonymous
2011-03-19T03:38:55+00:00

I am trying to print from my laptop to my Epson Printer.  It will not work on one of documents or from the internet.  The Epson prints out the following: A router/access point channel conflict has been detected - improve your wireless network enviroment.  My router is sitting beside my printer and laptop.  The green WiFi light on the front of the printer is on.  I have no problems using my Ipad in the other room.  So what does the printout mean ?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-05-28T19:25:58+00:00

    Loss of the ability of both of my computers to print wirelessly to my Epson wf-3520 Printer.

    I first tried (and had no success with): 1. Running wireless setup on the printer again. (My post setup analysis printout still said: "A router access point channel conflict has been detected.")  2. Unplugged my router and took out the battery and then put battery back in and restarted the router. 3. Uninstalled my printer and reinstalled. (The first thing I tried was just powering down and then back up my printer.

    What did work for me: Changing the wireless channel used by the router as rec'd by Mark:

    1. Look on your router. It is likely to have labels detailing the passwords and network name.

    Look for a http number that allows access to your router via internet. Mine was similar to:

    "http://192.168.1.266"  Open Firefox or Chrome or some other browser and type that number, with or without the http stuff, into the address bar (and go to that location). That should then give you access to your router. It will require a security code or password which is also likely to be on the side of your computer near where you found the ip address. Then you get access to changing settings on your particular router. Search the web for info on your particular router and how to change the channel on it, or simply go ahead and try doing it.

    **I have a ATT uverse router they gave me when I sign up:**ATT Uverse **** NVG589 router.

    It was fairly simple to change the channel: Select "home network", then "wifi". My channel setting was "automatic". I hit the button that said check for optimal channel. Waited about 30 seconds and then changed the channel setting to "1"  (which was what the optimal channel scan) said . I then hit "save" at the bottom.

    Then run wireless setup on the Epson wf3520 printer again. Print out the page and for me, the dreaded "router /access point channel message" was no longer present. 

    (This particular page gave details on my particular router: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Features/How-to-change-your-wireless-channel-on-an-NVG/td-p/4192773)

    After resetting the wifi channel, to get wireless printing working again on our Macs, I reset current printers

    "System preferences\Printers  then two finger touch (like right click) and select "reset printers" which takes off all the printer connections. Then in same window, click "+" and now the wireless printer is seen. Add that printer and then it worked for me.

    Good luck.

    .

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-01T16:00:56+00:00

    Another thing you can try... my router was prompting me for a firmware update. That resolved the error message that the printer was giving.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-10T05:16:33+00:00

    I had this same problem after upgrading my router. After a couple of hours of working on it this is my solution. There was incompatibility of the Epson printer security mode, WPA-PSK (AES) and the default security mode on my upgraded router, WPA2-PSK (AES). I fixed my problem by changing the security mode on my router to the more compatible type, WPA/WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES). Your router may have other options, and I would suggest trying WPA-PSK (AES) if available. Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-28T22:08:33+00:00

    Do not buy Epson printers again and I will not. I also have an older model cannon printer which had the similar problem. But cannon released an upgraded driver and now it is working. But Epson does not have a new release since 2010.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments