Hi,
Thanks for sharing your information with us if you have any suggestion or feedback on Windows 7 you can post at Windows 7 feedback link mentioned below:
http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
For crying out loud, if MS let's every vendor that has download products deveop and distribute their own download manager for their own products the OS is going to become another big mess! I like Logictech products but I see absolutely no reason under the sun why Windows Update should be offering up Logitech's Download Assistant!? Since I'm not aware of how to simply delete a Windows Update product if not needed I have hidden it. I hope the next time I look to see what I've hidden it will be gone.
And while I'm on the kick... I really hate getting into so many downloads today where you have to be a sort of detective to make sure you click on the right download button of what you are looking for in order to avoid downloading or getting tangled up in something you are not looking for. Likewise once you are installing a downloaded product you have to uncheck one or more varieties of unwanted special browser menus.
As far as I'm concernied it all fits under 'dirty advertising' and so far I'm pretty good at taking my time to make sure things I don't want get unchecked! Shame on the industry.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
Thanks for sharing your information with us if you have any suggestion or feedback on Windows 7 you can post at Windows 7 feedback link mentioned below:
http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195
You don't need anything but Windows 'download managers'...which are minimal. Why they do it is a guess. I refuse to make said guess.
Logitech installed that not MS.
Well as a person who thought he had a hold on this as far as my understanding of it's purpose I tend to suspect it to be malware of some sort or an exploitation there of; 'I'm probably wrong I hope....' but that's my long term observation
regarding this particular item and events surrounding it and infections that were present on my computer, but most of all this conclusion of mine though speculation... is based on the Logitech Download Assistant's very shady nature and the fact that it dose not seem to be related or even work with Logitech's SetPoint, the supposedly smart software that keeps Logitech' accessories up and running. Furthermore Logitech just doesn't kick out updates at a rate to warrant the use of a download manager, and any downloads that do occur generally apply only to SetPoint or any specific Webcam software that you may have installed. Not to mention that you can't really get a response from Logitech regarding this idem, and of course Microsoft's responses are way too vague and general, to be considered. I don't want to sound like an alarmist in this matter, it's just that there are so many new exploits every day some from 'Man In The Middle' attacks on our keyboard, mouse and webcam peripherals that we want to be concerned about unaccountable items that are installed on our computers without our knowledge, especially when it comes to the keyboard mouse and webcams because that is our privacy.... I would, like many others love to get some official response regarding this for if anything else, peace of mind... If someone dose have such inside knowledge regarding this I sure hope they share it with us.
LOL!!!