Why Is 'Logitech Download Assistant' in Windows (7) Update? And Uneeded Products Offered During Download Process...

Anonymous
2011-10-06T07:37:08+00:00

For crying out loud, if MS let's every vendor that has download products deveop and distribute their own download manager for their own products the OS is going to become another big mess!  I like Logictech products but I see absolutely no reason under the sun why Windows Update should be offering up Logitech's Download Assistant!?  Since I'm not aware of how to simply delete a Windows Update product if not needed I have hidden it.  I hope the next time I look to see what I've hidden it will be gone.

And while I'm on the kick...  I really hate getting into so many downloads today where you have to be a sort of detective to make sure you click on the right download button of what you are looking for in order to avoid downloading or getting tangled up in something you are not looking for.  Likewise once you are installing a downloaded product you have to uncheck one or more varieties of unwanted special browser menus.

As far as I'm concernied it all fits under 'dirty advertising' and so far I'm pretty good at taking my time to make sure things I don't want get unchecked!  Shame on the industry.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-07T08:23:36+00:00

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your information with us if you have any suggestion or feedback on Windows 7 you can post at Windows 7 feedback link mentioned below:

http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-01T23:20:49+00:00

    Well for one thing GeForce does not really have anything to do with Logitech. Only Logitech devices utilize Logitech download assistant, so if you don't have Logitech devices you can safely remove it from your computer. The download assistant works with your Logitech keyboards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-02T07:17:20+00:00

    i think i mentioned i don't have Logitech drivers

    do i need Logitech download assistant if i ton't have Logitech drivers? at least i cant find any, & i ton't have Logitech devices neither, i have ASUS full Set + graphic card Invidia, if its useless with out Logitech divers & devices then simple disable is as good as removal/uninstall? or it dose not work if Logitech drivers are removed & there are no folders in my PC, remains of Logitech drivers? i ask cause i think when my pc was in repairs, the repairman may have used Logitech devices & later removed the drivers

    1 question more, if i use ccleaner to remove Logitech download assistant from startup is that all? or will it still run on background with out me noticing? with out it being on start up i would not have noticed it, it dose not show it in progresses, ofc i found 2 files LogilDA.DLL

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-02T07:36:38+00:00

    action  center alerts me that run maintenance is needed & i did & then it asked again, i have dose it 3 times, what is wrong? i just got my PC back from Repairs, i had issue PC was like it was shut down, but was not, i heard the cooler working inside, But no picture & no sound, after restart PC seemed to work, but only few minutes & the same thing again, that is fixed, but new i have issue that windows dose not recognize that maintenance is finished once

    so run maintenance massage wont disappear

    i ton't know where to ask that questions on this pages so i ask here  

    EDIT:

    i have new PC

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-10-16T21:38:40+00:00

    That's Microsoft sometimes.  **** Cleaner renamed CCleaner is the easiest way of doing this, free and safe but don't Google that and use the top results.  Buying the product is also well worthwhile; I used the free version for ten years and now have the paid and there is an appreciable difference.  Other registry cleaners are in my opinion basically copiers and this does much more--including quick, easy access to your actual startup items no matter Windows version.  8]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments