Why Is 'Logitech Download Assistant' in Windows (7) Update? And Uneeded Products Offered During Download Process...

Anonymous
2011-10-06T07:37:08+00:00

For crying out loud, if MS let's every vendor that has download products deveop and distribute their own download manager for their own products the OS is going to become another big mess!  I like Logictech products but I see absolutely no reason under the sun why Windows Update should be offering up Logitech's Download Assistant!?  Since I'm not aware of how to simply delete a Windows Update product if not needed I have hidden it.  I hope the next time I look to see what I've hidden it will be gone.

And while I'm on the kick...  I really hate getting into so many downloads today where you have to be a sort of detective to make sure you click on the right download button of what you are looking for in order to avoid downloading or getting tangled up in something you are not looking for.  Likewise once you are installing a downloaded product you have to uncheck one or more varieties of unwanted special browser menus.

As far as I'm concernied it all fits under 'dirty advertising' and so far I'm pretty good at taking my time to make sure things I don't want get unchecked!  Shame on the industry.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-07T08:23:36+00:00

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your information with us if you have any suggestion or feedback on Windows 7 you can post at Windows 7 feedback link mentioned below:

http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-21T22:38:03+00:00

    chas2man09's post sounds reasonable.  Has anyone been notified of a Logitech update after disabling the download manager?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-22T16:51:35+00:00

    I'm yet to hear of anyone ever being notified of a logitech update at all, with or without the download manager, which makes me wonder why it exists at all, and if the answer to that is that it's supposed to provide update notifications for an extremely small percentage of products, then why doesn't it, and also why is it automatically installed for all logitech products that it isn't programmed to provide updates for.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-22T23:34:26+00:00

    Well I wonder about the validity of the Logitech Download Assistant myself; and I found it's usefulness. I is for when you install a discontinued device (logitech's) or reinstall your operating system and 'it' needs legacy drivers from Logitech... So I don't think it needs to load at Windows startup but it does have a use....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-01T22:12:04+00:00

    just asking, i have GeForce Experience & it recently it downloaded new drivers with shield did logitech download assistant came with the drives? (maybe invidia has some drives for wireless  controller what requires logitech download assistant), i have not looked at startup long time, but few month back i ton't remember seeing it at taskmanger, i have Win8

    i ton't have logitech drivers only logitech download assistant at startup, should i disable it? or dose it work with muse's & keyboards from other companies to?

    BDW is it true that some drivers cant be downloaded nor installed without logitech download assistant?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments