Why Is 'Logitech Download Assistant' in Windows (7) Update? And Uneeded Products Offered During Download Process...

Anonymous
2011-10-06T07:37:08+00:00

For crying out loud, if MS let's every vendor that has download products deveop and distribute their own download manager for their own products the OS is going to become another big mess!  I like Logictech products but I see absolutely no reason under the sun why Windows Update should be offering up Logitech's Download Assistant!?  Since I'm not aware of how to simply delete a Windows Update product if not needed I have hidden it.  I hope the next time I look to see what I've hidden it will be gone.

And while I'm on the kick...  I really hate getting into so many downloads today where you have to be a sort of detective to make sure you click on the right download button of what you are looking for in order to avoid downloading or getting tangled up in something you are not looking for.  Likewise once you are installing a downloaded product you have to uncheck one or more varieties of unwanted special browser menus.

As far as I'm concernied it all fits under 'dirty advertising' and so far I'm pretty good at taking my time to make sure things I don't want get unchecked!  Shame on the industry.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-07T08:23:36+00:00

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your information with us if you have any suggestion or feedback on Windows 7 you can post at Windows 7 feedback link mentioned below:

http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-10-07T02:59:54+00:00

    Hi,

    ·         Are you using Logitech product on the computer?

    This are optional updates if you are using Logitech devices like Keyboard and Mouse, Windows Update will suggest you to install the latest drivers which helps computer performance. Optional updates are not downloaded or installed automatically. To learn more about the types of updates that Microsoft publishes, see Turn automatic updating on or off and Change how Windows installs or notifies you about updates

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-10-07T08:06:12+00:00

    Yes, I use a Logitek mouse but you miss my point.  Why do I need their download manager, along with about four other download managers for other specific products/software I use?  What's wrong with Windows 7's download manager for all of the products?  Sure, I want Windows Update to support updates for all the products I've installed but I think supporting their various download managers is going to far.  I'll leave Logitek's download assistant hidden and hope it will just disappear from the list one day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-10-07T09:43:35+00:00

    There seems to be a disconnect of sorts going on here.  With apparently no answer to why Windows Update is supporting download managers I really thought it would be one of you passing this on to the Windows Update powers for an Answer.  I never use MS Feedback.  I consider it a bottomless pit with no resolutions.  I will mark your reply as answering my question and go away disappointed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-01-30T20:13:02+00:00

    You can right-click any update in the list and choose to hide it. Subsequent checks for available updates will not show the hidden update update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments