Why Is 'Logitech Download Assistant' in Windows (7) Update? And Uneeded Products Offered During Download Process...

Anonymous
2011-10-06T07:37:08+00:00

For crying out loud, if MS let's every vendor that has download products deveop and distribute their own download manager for their own products the OS is going to become another big mess!  I like Logictech products but I see absolutely no reason under the sun why Windows Update should be offering up Logitech's Download Assistant!?  Since I'm not aware of how to simply delete a Windows Update product if not needed I have hidden it.  I hope the next time I look to see what I've hidden it will be gone.

And while I'm on the kick...  I really hate getting into so many downloads today where you have to be a sort of detective to make sure you click on the right download button of what you are looking for in order to avoid downloading or getting tangled up in something you are not looking for.  Likewise once you are installing a downloaded product you have to uncheck one or more varieties of unwanted special browser menus.

As far as I'm concernied it all fits under 'dirty advertising' and so far I'm pretty good at taking my time to make sure things I don't want get unchecked!  Shame on the industry.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-07T08:23:36+00:00

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your information with us if you have any suggestion or feedback on Windows 7 you can post at Windows 7 feedback link mentioned below:

http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-20T21:12:12+00:00

    Hi; You can remove it. The Logitech download manager... Go to Control Panel> Programs and Features> Select View installed updates,... Find and remove. 

    Seriously? In which KB is it hidden? It's certainly not identified by Name, nor as a "Logitech" Program or Publisher. May I respectfully ask, chas2man09, if you have found it, and/or found and removed it, through the Installed Updates interface?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-13T19:56:20+00:00

    Hi; You can remove it. The Logitech download manager... Go to Control Panel> Programs and Features> Select View installed updates,... Find and remove.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-07T16:29:20+00:00

    ...it's funny how many people seemed to miss the point... well, funny, but I also feel the OP's pain.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-05T05:48:24+00:00

    This was the most helpful answer to my query that I have received thus far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments