Hi,
Thanks for sharing your information with us if you have any suggestion or feedback on Windows 7 you can post at Windows 7 feedback link mentioned below:
http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
For crying out loud, if MS let's every vendor that has download products deveop and distribute their own download manager for their own products the OS is going to become another big mess! I like Logictech products but I see absolutely no reason under the sun why Windows Update should be offering up Logitech's Download Assistant!? Since I'm not aware of how to simply delete a Windows Update product if not needed I have hidden it. I hope the next time I look to see what I've hidden it will be gone.
And while I'm on the kick... I really hate getting into so many downloads today where you have to be a sort of detective to make sure you click on the right download button of what you are looking for in order to avoid downloading or getting tangled up in something you are not looking for. Likewise once you are installing a downloaded product you have to uncheck one or more varieties of unwanted special browser menus.
As far as I'm concernied it all fits under 'dirty advertising' and so far I'm pretty good at taking my time to make sure things I don't want get unchecked! Shame on the industry.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
Thanks for sharing your information with us if you have any suggestion or feedback on Windows 7 you can post at Windows 7 feedback link mentioned below:
http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195
Well, You know 'CCleaner' is really great for disabling unwanted start-up items, and it will delete 'logitech download mgr from your start programs. But not from your computer... Anyway out of sight out of mind.
When I click on it in the task manager the highlighted (should be) doesn't change color and won't allow me to disable it. Is there another way to get rid of this ****? And I agree with you totally 1. Microsoft support team is about as helpful as a wet depends. 2. By jamming our computers full of unwanted third party vendors it slows down the overall performance. What's the point of having quad core, this level of bus path, that level of RAM if it has to chew through tons of unwanted, unasked for and unnecessary programs? I have never been satisfied with any of Logitechs products so I don't buy or use them.
One big reason for MS including Logitech download manager is that Logitech makes some of their hardware, which makes updating a possible 'miss' (which is less and less probable as time goes on but whatever). Another is that someone nice out there does make a habit of making supposed updates for Logitech devices in particular (usually true of other ones too, but especially for Logitech--and Alienware, lol) and this helps the helpless avoid a trap. The helpless being someone like my wife who got a gift from her cousin (count the maybes there and then throw them away [was it her cousin?]) and went to get it or something and now her computer is locked. I'm debating whether to go the Malwarebytes route or not, since whatever it is has her proxy server disabled. That's the major reason why. It doesn't work, but I'm sure that's their line of thinking. I've read a lot of their literature. Don't get me wrong, MS, I still worship you. From afar.
LOL!!!