Hi,
Thanks for sharing your information with us if you have any suggestion or feedback on Windows 7 you can post at Windows 7 feedback link mentioned below:
http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
For crying out loud, if MS let's every vendor that has download products deveop and distribute their own download manager for their own products the OS is going to become another big mess! I like Logictech products but I see absolutely no reason under the sun why Windows Update should be offering up Logitech's Download Assistant!? Since I'm not aware of how to simply delete a Windows Update product if not needed I have hidden it. I hope the next time I look to see what I've hidden it will be gone.
And while I'm on the kick... I really hate getting into so many downloads today where you have to be a sort of detective to make sure you click on the right download button of what you are looking for in order to avoid downloading or getting tangled up in something you are not looking for. Likewise once you are installing a downloaded product you have to uncheck one or more varieties of unwanted special browser menus.
As far as I'm concernied it all fits under 'dirty advertising' and so far I'm pretty good at taking my time to make sure things I don't want get unchecked! Shame on the industry.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
Thanks for sharing your information with us if you have any suggestion or feedback on Windows 7 you can post at Windows 7 feedback link mentioned below:
http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195
aaaaaaa
as of august 2013 there is no kb number it is just listed as usb input device logitech download assistant... i just installed win7 ultra and i am not going to install this update... i am using a logitech wireless keyboard/mouse pad combo and love it but see no need for this to load at startup and add to the the things that run at startup etc... this keyboard even works when im in the bios before windows even loads! the wireless dongle is recognized by the bios... yea! i think its a fight to get into your startup for these companies so they can keep tabs on your products that are from them? but i see no need unless this will alert me of new drivers for my logitech devices, but again i'll wait till things don't work to worry about it... i'll be a minimalist for now... i will not hide it though as ilike to remember what i chose not to install, i mostly ignore non-critical updates after the initial os install... there are not that many too keep track of, but you should instsall the windows recommended updates... hope this helps!
Could you tell me what the KB number for this update is? I'm using Windows 8. Thanks!
How do yo u hide it? I inherited my laptop and don't know when this update was installed. So now when I go check the installed Windows Updates I don't see anything for Logitech. Does anyone know the KB number for it? Thanks!