Why Is 'Logitech Download Assistant' in Windows (7) Update? And Uneeded Products Offered During Download Process...

Anonymous
2011-10-06T07:37:08+00:00

For crying out loud, if MS let's every vendor that has download products deveop and distribute their own download manager for their own products the OS is going to become another big mess!  I like Logictech products but I see absolutely no reason under the sun why Windows Update should be offering up Logitech's Download Assistant!?  Since I'm not aware of how to simply delete a Windows Update product if not needed I have hidden it.  I hope the next time I look to see what I've hidden it will be gone.

And while I'm on the kick...  I really hate getting into so many downloads today where you have to be a sort of detective to make sure you click on the right download button of what you are looking for in order to avoid downloading or getting tangled up in something you are not looking for.  Likewise once you are installing a downloaded product you have to uncheck one or more varieties of unwanted special browser menus.

As far as I'm concernied it all fits under 'dirty advertising' and so far I'm pretty good at taking my time to make sure things I don't want get unchecked!  Shame on the industry.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-07T08:23:36+00:00

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your information with us if you have any suggestion or feedback on Windows 7 you can post at Windows 7 feedback link mentioned below:

http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-04-16T14:43:02+00:00

    I so agree and what is worse-this continues. Now in windows 10, I get error "Logitech - Other hardware - USB Input Device (Logitech Download Assistant) - Error 0x800705b3" and cannot even download correctly with error-even after I went to the Vendor website to download the updated drivers-ALL OF THEM. Just too bad MS will not lift a finger on this trust me-we will just keep getting safe answers. This is a prime example of if this was answered correctly to assist customers, this error would not exist now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-31T00:37:08+00:00

    Well happy 2016............

    found this thread mess when one of my sons gave me a hp pavilion 23 all in one that had never been used........

    in fact until to day it had not been powered on since summer of 2015.

    so i find the original logitech Download Assistant in startup enabled and not measured under startup impact.

    I disabled it

    2012..........2013......2014.........2015...........2016

    why don't they just schedule a task to check for updates for say once a week or so...it seems everybody else does update checks that way.......but every startup for this type of software is just wasteful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-02T07:36:38+00:00

    action  center alerts me that run maintenance is needed & i did & then it asked again, i have dose it 3 times, what is wrong? i just got my PC back from Repairs, i had issue PC was like it was shut down, but was not, i heard the cooler working inside, But no picture & no sound, after restart PC seemed to work, but only few minutes & the same thing again, that is fixed, but new i have issue that windows dose not recognize that maintenance is finished once

    so run maintenance massage wont disappear

    i ton't know where to ask that questions on this pages so i ask here  

    EDIT:

    i have new PC

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-22T16:51:35+00:00

    I'm yet to hear of anyone ever being notified of a logitech update at all, with or without the download manager, which makes me wonder why it exists at all, and if the answer to that is that it's supposed to provide update notifications for an extremely small percentage of products, then why doesn't it, and also why is it automatically installed for all logitech products that it isn't programmed to provide updates for.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments