Hi,
We can't access your SkyDrive unless you provide a link to the Public area where the
minidumps are located.
Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
original title: Another sad story of the dreaded BSOD... error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ... Please advise as to best approach to remedy problem~
I guess it would be almost two weeks ago now that my wifes laptop first had the error (tech info line is as follows):
iaStor.sys - Address FFFFF8800110BF2B base at FFFFF880010C1000, DateStamp 4a287aa4.
The Laptop is a year old and has had no problems previously. I dont know all the specs but its an ASUS with an Intel Centrino and running Windows 7 OS.
Here's what I have done so far:
*** Not wanting to loose any personal files existing, I have not completely reinstalled Windows 7... and I am really wanting to avoid that process (mostly, because figuring out how to copy everything without spending $$$ on an external is still baffling me!) I hope that you'all can walk me through the fix on this because I cant afford any other process to getting our laptop back on-line~
Thx in advance for your help,
Ra
USN ret
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
We can't access your SkyDrive unless you provide a link to the Public area where the
minidumps are located.
Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
ok... Express Gate Issue fixed~
ran the IMSM program I downloaded~ (just to bo sure Im running the most up to date driver)
everything's up-to-date~
time to give it back to the wife... hopefully, she wont hand it back in the near future with that dear in the headlights look~~~ saying, "honey... its broke"
Thanks again brother~ God Bless you and yours~
Ra
(sry Rob... my bust~ [http://cid-50c6811603b45d4f.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Minidumps%5E5laptop%5E6](http://cid-50c6811603b45d4f.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Minidumps%5E5laptop%5E6) )
did i post that link right?
Hi,
Yes its a good link.
Results verifies by WinDBG, DumpCHK, and BlueScreenView.
If you run BlueScreenView it will show the CAUSE of all the Feb. BSOD's was iastor.sys. Confirmed
by DumpCHK and WinDBG.
WinDBG for a couple : (all were checked)
BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 1, fffff8800112b6ff}
Probably caused by : iaStor.sys ( iaStor+4a6ff )
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xD1_iaStor+4a6ff
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : iaStor.sys ( iaStor+5288c )
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_0_iaStor+5288c
================================
The minidump back on 6/26/2010 was 0x000000C2 CAUSE ndis.sys which is a Windows component
which means something else drove it into Fault. The root cause was NETw1v64.sys 7/20/2009 so
look for updated to it - the Intel Wireless Driver (WiFi) - check with ASUStek if on-board and with
the actual device maker if a separate device and of course Intel Downloads.
Even though it was a long time ago I would update that driver.
BugCheck C2, {7, 1097, 406000c, fffffa8004116530}
Probably caused by : NETw1v64.sys ( NETw1v64+59e9 )
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xc2_7__U33_NETw1v64+59e9
Wait a week or so to be sure the smoke has cleared then I would update the BIOS, low level chipset
drivers, and other on-board device drivers you can. Then look for updates to the major device drivers
for separate devices. See the troubleshooter link for information on how to manually update drivers.
For BlueScreen troubleshooting methods using BlueScreenView and MyEventViewer see my replies
if this thread - top 3 answers (+1 other).
Hope this helps.
Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
roger ~ roger
put a reminder on my desktop to do that weekend after next! :-)
As for the WiFi driver... if I remember correctly, I installed an updated driver just after that (when I installed a new Wifi router at home)... but, Ill check it with all the others~
Im still a lil confused how doing a Complete Rebuild (...and nothing short of doing the Complete rebuild as posted above would work!) on the BCD fixed the iaStor.sys (I didnt run/install the the new IMSM program (installing a clean iaStor.sys driver) til' after I got the system up and running!
anyway...Thx Rob~
Ra