Eclipse CLD MP3 Player is not recognized. In Device Manager, I get the message that there is no driver installed.

Anonymous
2011-08-03T00:14:11+00:00

Original title: Eclipse CLD MP3 Player

I just tried to use Eclipse CLD MP3 Player and my computer doesn't recognize it.  I've tried the Troubleshooting steps and checked everything - In Device Manager, I get the message that there is no driver installed.  Is the player bad, or am I missing something?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-08-03T15:18:21+00:00

Hi,

1. Were you able to use that player without any issue earlier?

2. Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

3. What exactly happen when you connect the player? Do you receive any error message?

4. Which troubleshooting steps did you try?

5. Did you try connecting it to different USB ports and check?

6. Did you connect it to different computer and check what happens?

Let’s try these steps and check.

1. Open the device manager.

2. Right-click on the device and select Uninstall.

3. Click on Action option in menu bar and select Scan for hardware changes.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-06-09T15:07:05+00:00

    Hi EDS Ellen,

    One thing you could try (no guarantee it will work), assuming you have Windows 7: when it looks for a driver, instead of having Windows search for one online, have it look on your computer and direct it to the \Windows\System32\DriverStore folder.

    After I had returned my Eclipse player I bought a Coby MP3 player and again ran into installation issues. After doing some searching online, I ran across the above solution and it worked (for the Coby). Don't know if it will work for the Eclipse but it may be worth trying!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-06-22T00:31:08+00:00

    I really appreciate your taking the time to outline how to correct this situation. I had tried everything else. This worked! Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-10-31T15:31:07+00:00

    I tried this, and the computer continued to tell me that it's not reading my player. I've also had my player turning on, but staying on the blue Eclipse screen. This player has worked fine for a long time, and I have no idea why it's acting up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-17T06:59:26+00:00

    worst mp3 ever, i wish i could go back in time i would slap myself for even thinking about getting this cheap **** 18 dollar failure of a music player. best buy needs to do themselves and everyone a favor and take eclipse off their shelves. also, whoever invented eclipse...SCREW YOU!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments