Eclipse CLD MP3 Player is not recognized. In Device Manager, I get the message that there is no driver installed.

Anonymous
2011-08-03T00:14:11+00:00

Original title: Eclipse CLD MP3 Player

I just tried to use Eclipse CLD MP3 Player and my computer doesn't recognize it.  I've tried the Troubleshooting steps and checked everything - In Device Manager, I get the message that there is no driver installed.  Is the player bad, or am I missing something?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-08-03T15:18:21+00:00

Hi,

1. Were you able to use that player without any issue earlier?

2. Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

3. What exactly happen when you connect the player? Do you receive any error message?

4. Which troubleshooting steps did you try?

5. Did you try connecting it to different USB ports and check?

6. Did you connect it to different computer and check what happens?

Let’s try these steps and check.

1. Open the device manager.

2. Right-click on the device and select Uninstall.

3. Click on Action option in menu bar and select Scan for hardware changes.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-03-17T05:04:52+00:00

    I have the same MP3 player, new out of the box, and it will not install under Windows 7. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver numerous times without success. I've run the troubleshooter also without success. Below is the report that the troubleshooter generated. Hopefully someone has an answer!

    Devices and Printers Publisher details

    Issues found

    DTMB BDA TV USB has a driver problemDTMB BDA TV USB has a driver problem

    There is a problem with the driver for DTMB BDA TV USB. The driver needs to be reinstalled. Not fixed 

    Reinstall device driver Completed

    Problem with PnP devicesProblem with PnP devices

    There are problems with some PnP devices. Windows will take additional steps to further troubleshoot these devices. Detected 

    Potential issues that were checked

    Windows Update configured to never install driversWindows Update configured to never install drivers

    Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update. Issue not present 

    Issues found Detection details

    6 DTMB BDA TV USB has a driver problem Not fixed 

    There is a problem with the driver for DTMB BDA TV USB. The driver needs to be reinstalled.

    Device information

    Name: DTMB BDA TV USB

    ID: USB\VID_1234&PID_5678\01234567890B

    Error code: 10

    Reinstall device driver Completed

    There is a problem with the driver for DTMB BDA TV USB. Reinstalling the driver might fix this problem.

     Problem with PnP devices Detected 

    There are problems with some PnP devices. Windows will take additional steps to further troubleshoot these devices.

    Potential issues that were checked Detection details

     Windows Update configured to never install drivers Issue not present 

    Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update.

    Detection details 

    Collection information

    Computer Name:  XXXX-PC

    Windows Version: 6.1

    Architecture: amd64

    Time: Saturday, March 17, 2012 1:00:57 AM

    Publisher details 

    Devices and Printers

    Troubleshoot problems with devices and printers.

    Package Version: 2.0

    Publisher: Microsoft Corporation

    Devices and Printers

    Troubleshoot problems with devices and printers.

    Package Version: 2.0

    Publisher: Microsoft Corporation

    Hardware and Devices

    Use hardware and access devices connected to your computer.

    Package Version: 1.1

    Publisher: Microsoft Windows

    Windows Network Diagnostics

    Detects problems with network connectivity.

    Package Version: 1.0

    Publisher: Microsoft Windows

    Printer

    Troubleshoot problems preventing printing from completing.

    Package Version: 1.0

    Publisher: Microsoft Windows

    USB

    Troubleshoot problems with a USB device

    Package Version: 1.0

    Publisher: Microsoft Corporation

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-17T17:40:17+00:00

    Dear CheechMonger...I had a similar problem earlier today when my new Eclipse CLD 4GB MP3 player stopped registering in Windows Explorer in the aftermath of a driver update (even though I could tell it was still registering somewhere on the machine, since I heard a noise whenever I disconnected or reconnected it from the USB cord).  When I ran the troubleshooter, I received a similar message about the DTMB BDA TV USB driver.  I cant say for certain whether this will work for you or not -- maybe you've already tried this -- but what finally worked for me was going to Device Manager and right-clicking the device which had a label in the shape of a yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside.  After disabling and re-enabling the device in the hope that this would fix the problem -- which it didn't -- I then tried to update the driver and that didn't work either.  Finally, since I couldn't figure out what else to do and didn't think I had anything to lose, I uninstalled the device as Umesh suggests and ticked the box telling the machine to uninstall the device driver as well.  Lo and behold, when I disconnected and then reconnected the player to the computer...voila!  It started registering correctly again.

    That being said, I feel it's worth noting that my current Eclipse player is a replacement for one which I bought only last week -- the one which had a hiccup and stopped playing after only one day (a problem which I was fortunately able to fix) and then broke down completely after only five days.  Yes, I know we can't expect much from them given how comparatively inexpensive they are, but the possibility can't be ruled out that they are an example of caveat emptor.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-03-18T19:41:53+00:00

    Hi GDGriffin,

    I tried your suggestions but unfortunately they didn't work for me. I almost thought it was going to as it seemed to take longer in downloading and installing the driver, but in the end the installation failed, and the message I received then referred me to the manufacturer. Seeing I only paid $20 for it, I returned it to the store where I bought it, where the person who waited on me said that they had had some problems with others of the same model. So I'll do a little more research before buying another player. Thanks for your suggestion, though!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-06-08T22:16:41+00:00

    I tried all of this and it didn't work... The manufacturer does not have the driver on its website, or I would think downloading it from there would fix the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments