Eclipse CLD MP3 Player is not recognized. In Device Manager, I get the message that there is no driver installed.

Anonymous
2011-08-03T00:14:11+00:00

Original title: Eclipse CLD MP3 Player

I just tried to use Eclipse CLD MP3 Player and my computer doesn't recognize it.  I've tried the Troubleshooting steps and checked everything - In Device Manager, I get the message that there is no driver installed.  Is the player bad, or am I missing something?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-08-03T15:18:21+00:00

Hi,

1. Were you able to use that player without any issue earlier?

2. Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

3. What exactly happen when you connect the player? Do you receive any error message?

4. Which troubleshooting steps did you try?

5. Did you try connecting it to different USB ports and check?

6. Did you connect it to different computer and check what happens?

Let’s try these steps and check.

1. Open the device manager.

2. Right-click on the device and select Uninstall.

3. Click on Action option in menu bar and select Scan for hardware changes.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-07T03:44:37+00:00

    I have the same problem with Windows 10. I am not admin on my computer so I cannot use the Device Manager. Also it won't show up at all on Android 4.2.2 Jellybean.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-11T18:01:20+00:00

    My issue was that the MP3 Fit Clip would not be recognized at all - simply put, my computer would not detect the USB device.  I could charge the device (as indicated on the MP3's display), but could not read from or write to the USB storage.

    After trying multiple USB cables and different computers, I finally broke out the USB cable that came with the device.  It worked fine after that.

    Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best ones.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-14T19:36:52+00:00
    1. yes
    2. no

    3.nothing no

    I though that by plunging it into the computer it would charge. it is dead

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-12-28T04:15:48+00:00

    Okay, wife and son each got one of the eclipse mp3 players for Christmas from her dad and we ran into this problem though they've ha declipse players in the past that died for a variety of reasons over the years (usually involving being submersed for some reason or another in water) and here's the problem with both.... the usb cord. To be more specific, the end that connects into the player itself will stop before being all the way connected. In fact when connecting it to the mp3 player, the connector will stop short, push a bit more and there will be click as it slides in further. Their players, when connecting the cord to ad dmusic to them, was stopping with half the connector sticking out, a bit more pressure, a click and they went in the rest of way. Try this and see if it's the problem. I think they may have added this feature because, in the past, with their older mp3 players, they'd become disconnected when transferring music to them from a desktop because of the extremely short usb cords. My PC has two USB slots on the monitor maybe 6" from my desk's surface, and I still have to place a something there to sit the players on when charging or transferring music or they hang.. and forget about using the ones on the front of my tower or back, they're even further away from a place to sit the players with their short cords. Hope this help, here's a summary:

             When connecting the usb cord to the player, make sure it is connected all the way, only a sliver of the metal part of the connector should be showing if connected fully, so to be sure push in until it clicks... and try connecting to the computer again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments