Eclipse CLD MP3 Player is not recognized. In Device Manager, I get the message that there is no driver installed.

Anonymous
2011-08-03T00:14:11+00:00

Original title: Eclipse CLD MP3 Player

I just tried to use Eclipse CLD MP3 Player and my computer doesn't recognize it.  I've tried the Troubleshooting steps and checked everything - In Device Manager, I get the message that there is no driver installed.  Is the player bad, or am I missing something?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-08-03T15:18:21+00:00

Hi,

1. Were you able to use that player without any issue earlier?

2. Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

3. What exactly happen when you connect the player? Do you receive any error message?

4. Which troubleshooting steps did you try?

5. Did you try connecting it to different USB ports and check?

6. Did you connect it to different computer and check what happens?

Let’s try these steps and check.

1. Open the device manager.

2. Right-click on the device and select Uninstall.

3. Click on Action option in menu bar and select Scan for hardware changes.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-11T18:01:20+00:00

    My issue was that the MP3 Fit Clip would not be recognized at all - simply put, my computer would not detect the USB device.  I could charge the device (as indicated on the MP3's display), but could not read from or write to the USB storage.

    After trying multiple USB cables and different computers, I finally broke out the USB cable that came with the device.  It worked fine after that.

    Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best ones.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-14T19:36:52+00:00
    1. yes
    2. no

    3.nothing no

    I though that by plunging it into the computer it would charge. it is dead

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-24T22:09:31+00:00

    im having an issue with my eclipse as well. not sure what the model number or anything like that is, all i know is it's a red eclipse. but when i try to plug it into the computer so that i can put songs onto it, it wont even register on the computer. the cord is fine, i've used it on other devices. and i've used other cords for this specific device. the computer wont even make a sound when i plug in the mp3 player. it doesnt show up in the devices manager or anything. it just charges. that's all it does

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-27T16:34:25+00:00

    where do I find device manager in my windows 8 computer? I have had nothing but problems with the computer recognizing the eclispe MP3 cdl player I can't download music to it and the battery life is only about 2 hours..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments