Eclipse CLD MP3 Player is not recognized. In Device Manager, I get the message that there is no driver installed.

Anonymous
2011-08-03T00:14:11+00:00

Original title: Eclipse CLD MP3 Player

I just tried to use Eclipse CLD MP3 Player and my computer doesn't recognize it.  I've tried the Troubleshooting steps and checked everything - In Device Manager, I get the message that there is no driver installed.  Is the player bad, or am I missing something?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-08-03T15:18:21+00:00

Hi,

1. Were you able to use that player without any issue earlier?

2. Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

3. What exactly happen when you connect the player? Do you receive any error message?

4. Which troubleshooting steps did you try?

5. Did you try connecting it to different USB ports and check?

6. Did you connect it to different computer and check what happens?

Let’s try these steps and check.

1. Open the device manager.

2. Right-click on the device and select Uninstall.

3. Click on Action option in menu bar and select Scan for hardware changes.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-02T14:01:39+00:00

    I fixed it by using a different cable. The one it came with didn't even register as a new device being plugged in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-10-31T15:31:07+00:00

    I tried this, and the computer continued to tell me that it's not reading my player. I've also had my player turning on, but staying on the blue Eclipse screen. This player has worked fine for a long time, and I have no idea why it's acting up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-17T06:59:26+00:00

    worst mp3 ever, i wish i could go back in time i would slap myself for even thinking about getting this cheap **** 18 dollar failure of a music player. best buy needs to do themselves and everyone a favor and take eclipse off their shelves. also, whoever invented eclipse...SCREW YOU!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-03-17T17:40:17+00:00

    Dear CheechMonger...I had a similar problem earlier today when my new Eclipse CLD 4GB MP3 player stopped registering in Windows Explorer in the aftermath of a driver update (even though I could tell it was still registering somewhere on the machine, since I heard a noise whenever I disconnected or reconnected it from the USB cord).  When I ran the troubleshooter, I received a similar message about the DTMB BDA TV USB driver.  I cant say for certain whether this will work for you or not -- maybe you've already tried this -- but what finally worked for me was going to Device Manager and right-clicking the device which had a label in the shape of a yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside.  After disabling and re-enabling the device in the hope that this would fix the problem -- which it didn't -- I then tried to update the driver and that didn't work either.  Finally, since I couldn't figure out what else to do and didn't think I had anything to lose, I uninstalled the device as Umesh suggests and ticked the box telling the machine to uninstall the device driver as well.  Lo and behold, when I disconnected and then reconnected the player to the computer...voila!  It started registering correctly again.

    That being said, I feel it's worth noting that my current Eclipse player is a replacement for one which I bought only last week -- the one which had a hiccup and stopped playing after only one day (a problem which I was fortunately able to fix) and then broke down completely after only five days.  Yes, I know we can't expect much from them given how comparatively inexpensive they are, but the possibility can't be ruled out that they are an example of caveat emptor.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments