Sent emails not showing in Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder

Anonymous
2011-03-29T17:53:49+00:00

My sent email message are not showing up in my Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder. However, my sent message are showing up in my Hotmail box in the "Sent" folder. My Hotmail has the same email address. I've used Windows Live Mail for years with no problem. How do I get my sent emails to show in my Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder? Thank you.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-20T07:04:25+00:00

    Hi SylvieBotha,

    Thank you for posting your issue on Microsoft Community Forum.

    I'll be happy to help you with your issue that sent items are not showing in Sent folders. For us to isolate your issue, kindly verify if you have tried the troubleshooting steps given on this thread. If not, kindly try to do so as it may help you resolve the issue.

    However, if not, kindly provide us the log files on the private message I created as we need it for our investigation. To collect log files, follow the steps on this link.

    Please click on You have a private reply to this message link just above your post to view the message. Don't forget to sign in to Microsoft Community Forum to view the link.

    I'll look forward to your reply.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-10-13T19:06:37+00:00

    I had the same problem and I just noticed that there was no folder set as the "Root folder path" (Under Properties -> IMAP). Once I entered the correct root folder (in my case Inbox), the mails started to show up in the correct subfolders.

    Hope this helps!

    / Anders

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-06T12:14:22+00:00

    did this and now I have no emails anywhere.  They have all gone. Now what?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-02T18:33:01+00:00

    Hi Corale,

    I had this issue a couple of times, You need to set the Root Folder Path to "INBOX" or "inbox" or "Inbox" and it should fix the issue.

    Incase if it doesn't, here's a one that will definitely fix the issue.

    Go to File > Tools > Options >  Send.

    Here you would see "Save copy of sent messages in the 'Sent Items' folder"

    If this is unchecked, kindly check(tick) the box and click save.

    However...

    If this is checked, then uncheck the box and click save. Once done, go back to the same window (file>tools>options>send) this time check the box that says *"Save copy of sent..."*and then click save.

    This should fix the issue (it fixed quite a few in my workplace).

    • Devlon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-09-18T21:51:06+00:00

    I went to view, then quick view and chose show all items for most of the folders for now, at least I can see the emails I sent.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments