Sent emails not showing in Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder

Anonymous
2011-03-29T17:53:49+00:00

My sent email message are not showing up in my Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder. However, my sent message are showing up in my Hotmail box in the "Sent" folder. My Hotmail has the same email address. I've used Windows Live Mail for years with no problem. How do I get my sent emails to show in my Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder? Thank you.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-05-11T17:07:20+00:00

    the answer to the question is to direct us towards another site to find the answer.

    It was the correct answer when it was given more than a year ago. Things have changed since then. I've removed it.

    Try clicking Conversations on the View tab and selecting Off.


    Noel

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-03T14:22:30+00:00

    That fixed it.  Thanks:)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-24T07:43:25+00:00

    I have the same problem and switching off conversations doesn't work.

    Ive tried signing out, exiting opening and signing in (the fix for incomplete distribution lists showing up in the to, cc and bcc lines).  Hoping that might also work here. No

    I can see the sent items if I log into Hotmail on the web.  I have another PC that has an older Windows live mail and the sent items are there.  I bought a new PC and after a long sync to the folders on the MS servers I hoped that all the emails and history was downladed

    I was hoping there would be a way to force synchronisation to update the WLM folders.

    I think this is a buggy new version, lots of Outlook like features, but to clever enough to work properly! Like having to switch off a feature to see messages, and reload to do something as simple as send to a disti list. Shame

    Any ideas, please on how I can see all my mails on my local PC, without having to go to theweb or fire up my aging old PC?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-09T10:54:58+00:00

    Repost the question to where? There are many people having this same problem and you have given no assistance or solution to the problem. It does not solve the problem of why my sent items stopped appearing after February 24, 2014 in Windows Live Mail. And it does not solve the problem to change 'conversations' in View tab to 'off'.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-03-09T11:37:55+00:00

    I have the same problem. I notice that my inbox on Gmail is IMAP but the outbox is smtp.gmail.com

    Would this be the source of my problem? Should I change this to IMAP? Will I cause further problems if I do?

     I found this when I right-clicked on G-mail in the Windows Live Mail page and then clicked on Servers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments