Sent emails not showing in Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder

Anonymous
2011-03-29T17:53:49+00:00

My sent email message are not showing up in my Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder. However, my sent message are showing up in my Hotmail box in the "Sent" folder. My Hotmail has the same email address. I've used Windows Live Mail for years with no problem. How do I get my sent emails to show in my Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder? Thank you.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-18T00:50:49+00:00

    Hi Alex,

    Thank you for keeping us updated with the status of the issue, I do appreciate your efforts and time.

    In future, if you have any issues related to Windows Essentials, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

    Regards,

    Syed Abdul Jabbar

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-07-17T05:11:50+00:00

    Thanks, but the problem was either malware or a virus. I did a recovery and reinstalled software and everything is fine. Took a while but worth the effort because it solved other problems that were there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-17T00:10:28+00:00

    Hi,

    I suggest you to remove your account and reconfigure it and check the behavior.

    Method 1

    Remove the account.

    • Right click on the account name and select remove account.

    Method 2

    Add account in Windows Live Mail.

    • Click on Accounts tab on top.
    • Click on +email icon.
    • Enter your new account's user name and password.
    • Click on Next.
    • Select server type as either of these Outlook.com/Windows Live Hotmail.
    • Click on next.

    Please refer to the link below for more information.

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/mail-add-email-account-faq

    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Live Mail. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

    Regards,

    Syed Abdul Jabbar

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-07-12T19:17:19+00:00

    I have WLM and email address is with outlook.com.  If I go to outlook.com the sent emails are there-several-as recent as today and yesterday.  If I open my WLM on my laptop the last email shown there is 2/24/2015.  I don't know about POP and IMAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-03-24T09:04:30+00:00

    Hi!

    Communication seems to be a difficult matter.

    I had the same problem but then in WLM View I clicked the 'Storage folders' option and were able to see my sent mails

    Br. Carl

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments