Sent emails not showing in Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder

Anonymous
2011-03-29T17:53:49+00:00

My sent email message are not showing up in my Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder. However, my sent message are showing up in my Hotmail box in the "Sent" folder. My Hotmail has the same email address. I've used Windows Live Mail for years with no problem. How do I get my sent emails to show in my Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder? Thank you.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-19T08:24:47+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for posting back. Can you try to remove your Gmail account first from Windows Live Mail?

    After that, please follow the steps that I'll provide below. This process has steps that would permanently remove all Windows Live Essential related files on the system giving you a fresh new state to work on.

    1. Uninstall Windows Essentials using the CMD line parameter. Please follow the steps in this **link**.
    2. Delete the following folders:
    • C:\Program Files\Windows Live
    • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Live

    Note: If there are more than one Program Files folder upon opening C drive, then double click on Program Files x86 instead.

    1. Reinstall Windows Essentials.

    Let us know how things turn out.

    Regards,

    Glenda

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-19T00:20:43+00:00

    I did all updates available. I removed all Windows Essentials programs. I checked Program Files and made sure all Windows Live folders were deleted. I restarted after all steps. I re-downloaded Windows Essentials. If this is a clean reinstall, then all my Windows Live Mail folders should be empty and need to sync with Gmail again. But I open up WLM after the clean reinstall and all my folders [Inbox, Sent, etc.] have the same messages and nothing has changed. It's like I didn't truly uninstall WLM.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-18T12:24:31+00:00

    Hi Paso Hondo,

    Thank you for getting back to us. I understand that the syncing of your account has stopped. Let me help you with that. For us to isolate your issue, kindly try to use another user profile on your computer to see if issue will also persists. If you do not have other user profile, follow the steps on the link below:

    How to create user profile in Windows 8.1

    However, if issue also persist using other user profile, kindly perform a clean installation of your Windows Live Mail to make sure that there is no corrupted files that is causing the issue. Follow the steps on this link.

    Hope this helps. Let us know how things turn out.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-17T19:46:27+00:00

    Yes, I've tried the steps in this thread. I formatted my hard drive before installing Windows 8.1. I then downloaded Windows Live Essentials in order to use Windows Live Mail. My email address is Gmail. The IMAP folders started to sync but then stopped. The last Sent email was dated November 2013. Inbox is up to date. Drafts only loaded 6 messages of 72.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-06-15T00:08:33+00:00

    Hi Paso,

    Thank you for visiting this thread. In order for us to better understand your issue and isolate it, we request that you provide us a detailed description of your issue along with the exact error message that you've encountered.

    And also, have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided in this thread?

    We look forward to hearing from you.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments