Sent emails not showing in Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder

Anonymous
2011-03-29T17:53:49+00:00

My sent email message are not showing up in my Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder. However, my sent message are showing up in my Hotmail box in the "Sent" folder. My Hotmail has the same email address. I've used Windows Live Mail for years with no problem. How do I get my sent emails to show in my Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder? Thank you.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-14T21:41:10+00:00

    Just jumping into this conversation. My properties dialog has five tabs. I'm using gmail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-26T18:50:40+00:00

    Problems started with the Send/Receive issues in early May with update.

    Folders were reorganized by the update,

    There wasn't any update in early May, and updates don't reorganize folders. I'm going to guess that your account was affected by the outage 8-13 May caused by an expired security certificate on some servers hosting msn.com accounts. Does this ring any bells?

    If it does, then one of the workarounds posted in these forums was to set up the account to use IMAP instead of the default DeltaSync. This uses different servers not affected by the outage. However, detailed configuration instructions weren't posted at the time for outlook.com IMAP accounts in Windows Live Mail. As a result, users ended up with duplicated folders at outlook.com - the ones that should be there (Sent, Junk and Deleted) and the ones synchronized from Windows Live Mail (Sent items, Junk email and Deleted items) that shouldn't be there.

    It now depends on whether the account in question is still set up to use IMAP, or whether it's been re-configured to use DeltaSync. You can tell by right-clicking on the account name in the folder pane and selecting Properties. The properties dialogue for a DeltaSync account has three tabs, while that for an IMAP account has five. How many does yours have?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-26T15:02:33+00:00

    Hello Len323,

    Thank you for visiting this thread. Sorry to hear that your sent emails is not showing in your Sent Items. We appreciate that you've tried some troubleshooting steps to fix this issue. To isolate, we would like to ask some information from you so that we could provide you the best solution or more information.

    • When you said Outlook, are you referring to Outlook.com or Microsoft Office Outlook?
    • After deleting the duplicated folders, have you tried reconfiguring your account?
    • What is your Windows Live Mail build version?
    • Have you checked if the saving your sent items in Outlook.com is enabled?

    We'll wait for your response.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-24T07:43:25+00:00

    I have the same problem and switching off conversations doesn't work.

    Ive tried signing out, exiting opening and signing in (the fix for incomplete distribution lists showing up in the to, cc and bcc lines).  Hoping that might also work here. No

    I can see the sent items if I log into Hotmail on the web.  I have another PC that has an older Windows live mail and the sent items are there.  I bought a new PC and after a long sync to the folders on the MS servers I hoped that all the emails and history was downladed

    I was hoping there would be a way to force synchronisation to update the WLM folders.

    I think this is a buggy new version, lots of Outlook like features, but to clever enough to work properly! Like having to switch off a feature to see messages, and reload to do something as simple as send to a disti list. Shame

    Any ideas, please on how I can see all my mails on my local PC, without having to go to theweb or fire up my aging old PC?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more