Sent emails not showing in Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder

Anonymous
2011-03-29T17:53:49+00:00

My sent email message are not showing up in my Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder. However, my sent message are showing up in my Hotmail box in the "Sent" folder. My Hotmail has the same email address. I've used Windows Live Mail for years with no problem. How do I get my sent emails to show in my Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder? Thank you.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-09-23T11:58:36+00:00

    My sent email message are not showing up in my Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder. However, my sent message are showing up in my Hotmail box in the "Sent" folder. My Hotmail has the same email address. I've used Windows Live Mail for years with no problem. How do I get my sent emails to show in my Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder? Thank you.

    I have a small computer the name is ACER 

    I can't go it to my computer at all would you please. Help me out 

    This is my email the. ACER it is LUCKY 35

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-22T19:27:08+00:00

    Hi, try to open the "Views" tab on top of Live Mail. There, click the "Views" icon and select "Modify view" in the dropdown. Then, change the view to apply to "All Messages" and set the rule to "Show". Somehow by accident you had changed the view to hide all read messages. Greets

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-19T01:50:14+00:00

    Thank you soooooo much. It worked 😃

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-10-13T19:06:37+00:00

    I had the same problem and I just noticed that there was no folder set as the "Root folder path" (Under Properties -> IMAP). Once I entered the correct root folder (in my case Inbox), the mails started to show up in the correct subfolders.

    Hope this helps!

    / Anders

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-06-19T08:43:23+00:00

    I open up WLM after the clean reinstall and all my folders [Inbox, Sent, etc.] have the same messages and nothing has changed.

    This process has steps that would permanently remove all Windows Live Essential related files on the system giving you a fresh new state to work on.

    @Glenda

    Paso Hondo is pointing out that his folders and messages haven't been affected by the uninstall – re-install process. The procedure you've now recommended won't affect them either.

    @Paso Hondo

    It's by design that uninstalling the program won't affect user data. You wouldn't expect all your documents to be deleted if you uninstalled Word, would you?

    All your folders and messages, along with account settings, are in the store folder, by default at

    C:\Users{user}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail 

    If you're quite sure you don't want to retain any of these data, you can delete this folder. You could also move it to somewhere else for safe keeping in case you change your mind.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments