Unable to "get media content" from text messages.

Anonymous
2010-12-25T16:37:50+00:00

When someone sends me a text message with photos, etc., I receive only the message "get media content now." When I tap on that, it says "getting media content," but nothing happens. I can do this a dozen times- still the same cycle. Any suggestions?

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-11-19T03:35:28+00:00

There are some good suggestions on here, but I'll tell you what just worked for me.  I have a Windows Phone HTC 7.  Was getting the media content message and realized it was only happening when my phone was using my home WIFI connection.  When I turned it off under the settings icon on the phone the messages with pictures (also extra long messages from people with certain phone carriers) came through just fine.  Hope this helps someone.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-12-28T12:02:32+00:00

Hi,

Text messages that have a picture attached are also called MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) messages. I would check if you have MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) enabled by your mobile operator.

Also there might be a problem with the MMS configuration on your device (there is no UI for end user to check) - what device are you using in what network? Is it open-market or branded device?

Also you need to have proper configuration for MMS service in your phone, see this thread about the possible issue with MMS configuration on branded phones:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsphone7/thread/7834506f-c60d-4eb6-b04a-9829131922ee

Best Regards

Martin V.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-11T22:42:03+00:00

    Ive been searching how to fix this for a while now as had he same problem on my lumia 800. 

    I came across this saviour site, just read and find the link he suggets on your phone and install the app. it litteraly takes a few minutes and after this i could see and send picture messages. hope this helps some of you :) 

    http://blog.anthonybaker.me/2012/08/solving-lumia-800-mms-issues.html#comment-form

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-28T15:39:34+00:00

    Me too

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-22T17:55:18+00:00

    Had same problem with Huawei H883G phone through Net10 (Tracfone) - live in the US.  Have had the phone of well over a year - problem only started recently.

    Ending up logging into Net10's website (not an easy task in itself).  Searched for "How To Update Data Settings," then entered my cell number - came to page that said to enter data for APN to match the following table:

    APN RESELLER
    MMSC http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS PROXY proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS PORT 80
    APN TYPE default,mms,supl

    Info that existed in phone had all tracfone info (e.g. tfdata.mobile.com)

    After entering data from the above table (NOTE: lines on left were not identical to Huawei - had to do best guess) I was able to receive MMS again.

    Had tried all other options listed here - this was only thing that worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments