NCLEX 4000 program gets Microsoft .Jet.OLEDB.4.0 not registered in Windows 7

Anonymous
2010-02-28T04:14:07+00:00

I have a brand new HP laptop, a G series, that has Windows 7 as the OS.  I went to install my NCLEX 4000 program on it and it seemed to install fine.  I went to open it after installation and it comes up with an error message that says:

The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine

I have no idea what this means but I'm assuming it's because of Windows 7 since the program worked fine on my old laptop that had Vista on it.  This program is only a year old and I really don't want to buy a new program since my boards are in 2 weeks and honestly I don't know that they make a version compatible with Windows 7 yet. Is there any way to make it work?

Thanks,

Diana

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-09-23T21:43:25+00:00

If you are experiencing problems with NCLEX-RN 4000 and you are using a 64-bit computer, we have a file that will resolve your issue.

Before you begin, please make sure that you already have installed NCLEX 4000 in your computer.  Disable virus scan software, while installing any software.

Please click on the following link and follow the screens, provided:

ftp://ftp.silverplatter.com/software/nclex/NCLEX-RN4000.exe

Click the “Run” button in the dialog box:

Another dialog box will come up saying “Installing”.  Click on “OK”.

A Winzip screen will flash on and off. The patch should now be installed.

This patch will become installed in the following location:

C:\Program Files\LWW\NCLEX-RN4000Individual

The name of the patch is NCLEX-RN4000.exe

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-08-09T18:38:55+00:00

Hi all,

If you have issues trying to run the program NCLEX-RN 4000 on the Windows 7 operating system you will need to contact Wolters Kluwer Health (the manufacturer of the NCLEX-RN 4000 Review program). The customer service number is 1-800-638-3030. Once you have reached a customer service rep explain why you are calling and they will e-mail you an update that will allow the NCLEX-RN 4000 to successfully run on the Windows 7 OS. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Source: whitedm8

Day, date and time: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:46 PM

Link: **http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7programs/thread/7de8aa7d-d9fc-424b-b02c-66a09b63e24c**

Also refer:

How to keep a Jet 4.0 database in top working condition

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303528

Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support

****THIRD PARTY LINK DISCLAIMER Disclaimer: Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the download you receive from the third-party linked sites or any support related to the download or the downloaded technology. If you need support relating to the third party technology, please contact the manufacturer directly.


[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-03-12T17:40:36+00:00

    After uploading NCLEX 4000 on Windows 7 first check to make sure that you have the available resolution required to run the program.  This can be done by right clicking on your desktop and selecting "screen resolution".  It is required that you have a min. of 1224 x 768 to run NCLEX 4000.  If your computer fails to go this high watch the video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shvJLwtGnJQ and modify your available resolution setting.  If you are still unable to operate the program successfully, call customer service at 1-800-638-3030 and they will walk you through your program setup and email you the required download if needed.  I would advise against downloading anything that is not sent directly from Wolters Kluwer Health (the manufacturer of the NCLEX-RN 4000).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-14T21:18:16+00:00

    AWESOME!!! IT WORKED!! Now I  can use my NCLEX 4000 disc again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-06T04:49:34+00:00

    Thank you so much! I would just like to add that the first time I tried this I still had the original error message up and it didn't work but after I closed it and tried again, it did work, so thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments