NCLEX 4000 program gets Microsoft .Jet.OLEDB.4.0 not registered in Windows 7

Anonymous
2010-02-28T04:14:07+00:00

I have a brand new HP laptop, a G series, that has Windows 7 as the OS.  I went to install my NCLEX 4000 program on it and it seemed to install fine.  I went to open it after installation and it comes up with an error message that says:

The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine

I have no idea what this means but I'm assuming it's because of Windows 7 since the program worked fine on my old laptop that had Vista on it.  This program is only a year old and I really don't want to buy a new program since my boards are in 2 weeks and honestly I don't know that they make a version compatible with Windows 7 yet. Is there any way to make it work?

Thanks,

Diana

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-09-23T21:43:25+00:00

If you are experiencing problems with NCLEX-RN 4000 and you are using a 64-bit computer, we have a file that will resolve your issue.

Before you begin, please make sure that you already have installed NCLEX 4000 in your computer.  Disable virus scan software, while installing any software.

Please click on the following link and follow the screens, provided:

ftp://ftp.silverplatter.com/software/nclex/NCLEX-RN4000.exe

Click the “Run” button in the dialog box:

Another dialog box will come up saying “Installing”.  Click on “OK”.

A Winzip screen will flash on and off. The patch should now be installed.

This patch will become installed in the following location:

C:\Program Files\LWW\NCLEX-RN4000Individual

The name of the patch is NCLEX-RN4000.exe

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-08-09T18:38:55+00:00

Hi all,

If you have issues trying to run the program NCLEX-RN 4000 on the Windows 7 operating system you will need to contact Wolters Kluwer Health (the manufacturer of the NCLEX-RN 4000 Review program). The customer service number is 1-800-638-3030. Once you have reached a customer service rep explain why you are calling and they will e-mail you an update that will allow the NCLEX-RN 4000 to successfully run on the Windows 7 OS. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Source: whitedm8

Day, date and time: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:46 PM

Link: **http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7programs/thread/7de8aa7d-d9fc-424b-b02c-66a09b63e24c**

Also refer:

How to keep a Jet 4.0 database in top working condition

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303528

Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support

****THIRD PARTY LINK DISCLAIMER Disclaimer: Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the download you receive from the third-party linked sites or any support related to the download or the downloaded technology. If you need support relating to the third party technology, please contact the manufacturer directly.


[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-20T03:07:44+00:00

    I have an ASP.Net web application that was developed using Microsoft Visual Studio 2012.

    The application is installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 which is 64 Bit.

    The application loads and parses a CSV file as one of the functions.

    When it does so, I receive the error message 'The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine'.

    Do I go back to the developer and demand a fix that will work on 64bit systems or is there another solution ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-03T05:03:10+00:00

    If you are experiencing problems with NCLEX-RN 4000 and you are using a 64-bit computer, we have a file that will resolve your issue.

     

    Before you begin, please make sure that you already have installed NCLEX 4000 in your computer.  Disable virus scan software, while installing any software.

     

    Please click on the following link and follow the screens, provided:

     

    ftp://ftp.silverplatter.com/software/nclex/NCLEX-RN4000.exe

     

    Click the “Run” button in the dialog box:

     

     

     

    Another dialog box will come up saying “Installing”.  Click on “OK”.

     

     

     

    A Winzip screen will flash on and off. The patch should now be installed.

     

    This patch will become installed in the following location:

     

    C:\Program Files\LWW\NCLEX-RN4000Individual

    The name of the patch is NCLEX-RN4000.exe

    This patch works great for Windows 8.  It only took a few second to install and the program worked wonderfully!!   Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-08T07:26:51+00:00

    Hi All,

    I have same issues in my new brand desktop, which has 64-bits win 7 professional as OS

    I installed ESSL program (Bio Matrix Program) on it and it seemed to install fine.  I went to open it after installation and it comes up with an error message that says:

    The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine

    I have no idea what this means but I'm assuming it's because of Windows 7 since the program worked fine on my another PC that had win xp 32 bits on it. 

    Is there any way to make it work?

    Thanks, 

    Sumit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments