msg.exe / netsend - anything availible on Windows 7?

Anonymous
2009-10-27T01:36:10+00:00

On XP, I used to communicate through my network for fun via netsend. 

I've googled, and apparently msg.exe replaced it in vista?

What about Win7?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-28T00:53:42+00:00

Hi Shankopotamus,

Welcome to Microsoft Windows 7 Forums.

Windows 7 does not support msg.exe and net send commands to send messages over network.

Hope this information is helpful.

Suresh G

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-28T09:22:22+00:00

    Im sorry, no I cant.  Im no expert, just a jobbing user who managed to achieve what I wanted by doing the method(s) I posted.  I dont claim to know anything further, so cant offer any more than I have already written on this subject.  Maybe other posters/readers with more knowledge than me will help though.

    Soz.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-08-28T08:54:44+00:00

    Hello,

    I tried your solutions but I get the following message:

    {ErrorPrintf(): LoadString failed, Error 15105, (0x00003B01)}

    Error [15105]:The resource loader cache doesn't have loaded MUI entry.

    Could you please give me a suggestion to solve it.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-01T08:16:48+00:00

    The best way to send messages on a LAN is to use a LAN Messenger like that :

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison\_of\_LAN\_messengers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-02-12T10:04:17+00:00

    Hi all, just started using this at work as a replacement for the old messaging service, and it does exactly what I want - but I can't quite figure out how to send a message to all users.

    I thought it was msg * Hello but that only sends it to me...

    Can this be done please?

    Thanks :-D

    Update... actually, the problem may be that it isn't recognising domain users at all. If I msg secretary Hello, it says secretary does not exist or is disconnected.

    But she's right next to me, logged on as secretary...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments