error code 0*80041004 while opening internet games in windows 7

Anonymous
2009-12-30T14:38:37+00:00

while opening internet checkers & internet spades in windows 7 an error message is encountered stating "a network error occurred while communicating with the game server (error code: 0x80041004)". i searched the microsoft site for this error code & found that something called "hotfix" is needed to solve this issue. i downloaded that file. it was unzipped to c drive. but it did not solve my problem. that error message still comes. what to do next?

Windows for home | Other | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-31T13:31:26+00:00

shubham2336,

Welcome to Microsoft Windows.

I will need some more information to assist you better.

a)Is your computer connected to internet?

I will suggest you to reinstall the internet checkers & internet spades using Turn Windows features on or off and check if you come across the same problem.

You may follow the steps mentioned below:

1.      Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.      To turn a Windows feature on, select the check box next to the feature. To turn a Windows feature off, clear the check box. Click OK.

For more information on Turn Windows feature on or off, you may visit the link mentioned below:

Turn Windows features on or offhttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-Windows-features-on-or-off 

Hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Sujan – Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

56 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-02T00:05:08+00:00

    You can try resetting you computer back to an earlier time (prior to the update that knocked you off.) I had the same problem with the same error number when playing backgammon. I had Macafee and turned off the firewall while I was playing. (Make sure you don;t just turn it off for the 15 minutesetting or it will knock you off when it pops back on. After awhile my computer seems to recognize the site and the madess stopped....but I had earlier reset my computer to back prior to the originial update that booted me out in the first place. Good luck. I am sorry because I know it is so dang frustrating.

    omg..it does work.i have been trying to get into internet checkers for over 1 month now..Hope this game and others by microsoft continues to work..not touching my computer..was not at my end.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-01T22:05:33+00:00

    Yep, I guess that dude is back from vacation, right on schedule - the servers are back up as of an hour or so ago.   As lame as it is, I really think Microsoft has like one or 2 guys who deal with the gaming servers - I guess who could blame them, since the internet games in Windows aren't revenue generating at all.  Regardless, it seems little attention is paid to them and there is very little transparency about their function or status - including any inter-reporting within Microsoft and their support network apparently, as the support engineers haven't a clue what is up when they go down - and, as evidenced by this and many other threads, inevitably wind up wasting end users' time troubleshooting the issue from the wrong end.  

    Anyway, happy gaming all.   I'll be settling in for a little Backgammon or a Checkers game or twenty for the night.   See you out there.

    *sparx*

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-30T20:56:57+00:00

    Both my computer ran the games  up until the holiday, then I started getting the error message like you and everyone else my computers  are  up to date. I imagine when Dec 1st when there guy get off vacation, it will be back up and running.

    Ray

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-30T20:45:44+00:00

    I did all o

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments