error code 0*80041004 while opening internet games in windows 7

Anonymous
2009-12-30T14:38:37+00:00

while opening internet checkers & internet spades in windows 7 an error message is encountered stating "a network error occurred while communicating with the game server (error code: 0x80041004)". i searched the microsoft site for this error code & found that something called "hotfix" is needed to solve this issue. i downloaded that file. it was unzipped to c drive. but it did not solve my problem. that error message still comes. what to do next?

Windows for home | Other | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-31T13:31:26+00:00

shubham2336,

Welcome to Microsoft Windows.

I will need some more information to assist you better.

a)Is your computer connected to internet?

I will suggest you to reinstall the internet checkers & internet spades using Turn Windows features on or off and check if you come across the same problem.

You may follow the steps mentioned below:

1.      Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.      To turn a Windows feature on, select the check box next to the feature. To turn a Windows feature off, clear the check box. Click OK.

For more information on Turn Windows feature on or off, you may visit the link mentioned below:

Turn Windows features on or offhttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-Windows-features-on-or-off 

Hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Sujan – Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

56 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-19T08:37:50+00:00

    while opening internet checkers & internet spades in windows 7 an error message is encountered stating "a network error occurred while communicating with the game server (error code: 0x80041004)". i searched the microsoft site for this error code & found that something called "hotfix" is needed to solve this issue. i downloaded that file. it was unzipped to c drive. but it did not solve my problem. that error message still comes. what to do next?

    This has nothing to do with your computer, it's their server having problems, maybe downloaded or other, therefore, don't mess with your computer, it won't help you in any way.

    G

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-11T03:41:04+00:00

    I can usually log on to a game (usually int. backgammon) but the game will inevitably freeze and then I will not be able to log on again.  I have found that Avira antivirus is a problem here, but it is not the whole problem, by any means. I dont know of a fix, no suggestion in this forum have worked so far.Widows has a lot to answer for AGAIN!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-09-30T22:25:51+00:00

    You can try resetting you computer back to an earlier time (prior to the update that knocked you off.) I had the same problem with the same error number when playing backgammon. I had Macafee and turned off the firewall while I was playing. (Make sure you don;t just turn it off for the 15 minutesetting or it will knock you off when it pops back on. After awhile my computer seems to recognize the site and the madess stopped....but I had earlier reset my computer to back prior to the originial update that booted me out in the first place. Good luck. I am sorry because I know it is so dang frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-09-30T14:55:39+00:00

    Turning off and on did not work. What next? Yes, my computer is connected to internet. I couldn't be responding to you if it wasn't connected.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments