HP Installer Setup has stopped working

Anonymous
2010-03-24T21:00:22+00:00

I am trying to install HP printer software on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer.  When I run the file it completes extraction and then I get ar error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working".  I have two options - 1, Close the Program, or 2. Windows check for a solution to the proglem and close the program.  Both of these close the program. 

Does a solution exists for this problem?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-03-27T12:20:00+00:00

It does show that  HP Photosmart C6180 is compatible with Windows 7 for both 64-bit and 32-bit computers.

The drivers come from HP to make their computer compatible with Windows 7. I would check the HP website to see if you have the latest driver set for your verison of the Photosmart printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=1153494&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

If that doesn't help, you can post your question on the HP community website. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/bd-p/Install

Thanks,

Marilyn

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-05T19:30:53+00:00

    Unfortunately that patch was the only solution I was able to find during my search. There may have been an additional fix or new version since my post but I haven't ran into this problem since.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-27T00:41:13+00:00

    I follow the link - unfortunately this is not my processor. Do you think there is other options? Many thanks!

    Way I got around this (I had the issue of the driver crashing at the staging point each time I tried to run the install) was to browse to the IP Address of the printer in a browser, click on the "HP Smart Install" tab and download and run the driver from there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-05T18:00:30+00:00

    I cannot believe that in 2014 this same issue still occurs.

    Here is my error message:

    Problem signature:

    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

    Application Name: Setup.exe_HP Installer

    Application Version: 14.0.301.0

    Application Timestamp: 4b614229

    Fault Module Name: Setup.exe

    Fault Module Version: 14.0.301.0

    Fault Module Timestamp: 4b614229

    Exception Code: c0000094

    Exception Offset: 00098e1b

    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

    Locale ID: 1060

    Additional Information 1: 0a9e

    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

    Additional Information 3: 0a9e

    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

    Read our privacy statement online:

    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

    If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

    Would someone from MS do their job, digg into enigmatic error codes and provide us some solution, instead of giving the obvious answers and suggestions we all have already tried? Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-23T16:50:37+00:00

    Hi every one!

    My dear fellow of frustration, the solution is VERY SIMPLE:  just add “.NET Framework 3.5.1”.

    Go to “Control Panel”, “Programs and Features”, “Turn Windows features on or off” and mark “.NET Framework 3.5.1”.

    It is the same procedure in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.

    Some idiot in HP does not know how to write a good test if “.NET Framework 3.5.1” is installed or not in the HP Instalation program.

    After many many hours wasted, how did I discovered that? I have expanded the installation files with 7-ZIP and I saw a folder called "Prerequisites". Inside that I saw another folder called "dotNetFramework" and "bingo", there was the "dotnetfx35setup.exe", but the HP Installation program does not know the right way to use it.

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mourthé

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments