HP Installer Setup has stopped working

Anonymous
2010-03-24T21:00:22+00:00

I am trying to install HP printer software on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer.  When I run the file it completes extraction and then I get ar error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working".  I have two options - 1, Close the Program, or 2. Windows check for a solution to the proglem and close the program.  Both of these close the program. 

Does a solution exists for this problem?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-03-27T12:20:00+00:00

It does show that  HP Photosmart C6180 is compatible with Windows 7 for both 64-bit and 32-bit computers.

The drivers come from HP to make their computer compatible with Windows 7. I would check the HP website to see if you have the latest driver set for your verison of the Photosmart printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=1153494&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

If that doesn't help, you can post your question on the HP community website. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/bd-p/Install

Thanks,

Marilyn

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-11-05T21:36:03+00:00

    I believe I have a fix for this problem. According to HP the issue is with the AMD C-50 processors on some laptops (for my client, it was a Toshiba Satellite). The website below has instructions as well as a patch for the problem of installing printers. Hope this helps for those still having problems.

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03030583

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-12-08T13:32:25+00:00

    Thank you for providing the answers that Microsoft's technicians apparently could not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-05T11:19:03+00:00

    It's been a long time, I see, but the same problem appears   with Windos7-64 bit for the driver HP M1120. The same MFP was OK with Vista on another computer. I tried everything. 

    Still no solution from MS?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-05T11:53:34+00:00

    I follow the link - unfortunately this is not my processor. Do you think there is other options? Many thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments