HP Installer Setup has stopped working

Anonymous
2010-03-24T21:00:22+00:00

I am trying to install HP printer software on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer.  When I run the file it completes extraction and then I get ar error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working".  I have two options - 1, Close the Program, or 2. Windows check for a solution to the proglem and close the program.  Both of these close the program. 

Does a solution exists for this problem?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-03-27T12:20:00+00:00

It does show that  HP Photosmart C6180 is compatible with Windows 7 for both 64-bit and 32-bit computers.

The drivers come from HP to make their computer compatible with Windows 7. I would check the HP website to see if you have the latest driver set for your verison of the Photosmart printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=1153494&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

If that doesn't help, you can post your question on the HP community website. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/bd-p/Install

Thanks,

Marilyn

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-07-28T13:56:28+00:00

    Hello,

      I have the same problema, i can not install the HP Laserjet P1006 driver and receibe the same message.

    What can i do?  Helppppp

    regards

    acc


    betocolo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-06-12T18:11:27+00:00

    Hi b2martin_a,

    1. What is the model number of the HP printer, which you are trying to install?

    2. Have you installed any other HP products?

    3. Does the issue persist in new user account?

    Note: Steps for new user account has been provided in one of my post (Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:23 PM).

    Please provide us the link from where you downloaded these HP softwares.

    Run disk cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your hard disk. And then check for the issue again.

    Refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Delete-files-using-Disk-Cleanup


    Thanks and Regards

    Umesh P - Microsoft Support. Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-06-03T12:00:54+00:00

    I see a lot of people are having problems installing programs in Windows 7, is there a problem that Microsoft has not identified?  I have tried everything without success in installing HP printer software.  Is there any way to diagnose this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-05-30T15:40:03+00:00

    This problem is still not resolved.  HP has given up.  I think it's a software problem - not sure if it's HP or Microsoft, but HP software will not install on my computer.  Anybody have ans suggestions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments