HP Installer Setup has stopped working

Anonymous
2010-03-24T21:00:22+00:00

I am trying to install HP printer software on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer.  When I run the file it completes extraction and then I get ar error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working".  I have two options - 1, Close the Program, or 2. Windows check for a solution to the proglem and close the program.  Both of these close the program. 

Does a solution exists for this problem?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-03-27T12:20:00+00:00

It does show that  HP Photosmart C6180 is compatible with Windows 7 for both 64-bit and 32-bit computers.

The drivers come from HP to make their computer compatible with Windows 7. I would check the HP website to see if you have the latest driver set for your verison of the Photosmart printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=1153494&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

If that doesn't help, you can post your question on the HP community website. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/bd-p/Install

Thanks,

Marilyn

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-11-05T21:36:03+00:00

    I believe I have a fix for this problem. According to HP the issue is with the AMD C-50 processors on some laptops (for my client, it was a Toshiba Satellite). The website below has instructions as well as a patch for the problem of installing printers. Hope this helps for those still having problems.

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03030583

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-08-19T10:02:42+00:00

    Same problem, I downloaded the installer software designed for windows 7 64 bit and it does not work (APPCRASH etc etc). 

    Marilyn or whoever now is supposed to support us, here it follows the link I downloaded the sftw from: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-74899-1&cc=it&dlc=it&lc=it&os=4063&product=3418705&sw_lang=.

    Would you please download it and try to execute from a machine running W7?

    Or if you won't please tell me why!

    Regards

    A. Soranzo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-08-17T05:30:42+00:00

    I have the exact same problem.  Marilyn, if you dont have an answer just fess up and say there is a problem with Win 7 or with HP.  This is absurd that you just stop responding to the questions as if the problem will just go away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-07-05T22:03:20+00:00

    I work part time repairing computer hardware and software.

    I have a client with the exact same issues, brand new Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

    Printer is also HP B209a.

    I tried running the installer under both user and administrator accounts with the same result as described in the original thread.

    I tried using the HP install Wizard, The Full software download for Windows 7 64 bit from HP ,and the included CD, each source exactly duplicates the original posters issues:

    "I am trying to install HP printer software on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer.  When I run the file it completes extraction and then I get ar error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working".  I have two options - 1, Close the Program, or 2. Windows check for a solution to the problem and close the program.  Both of these close the program. 

    Does a solution exists for this problem?"

    I also get a similar message to the original poster:

    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

    Application Name: Setup.exe_HP Installer

    Application Version: 14.0.301.0

    Application Timestamp: 4b614229

    Fault Module Name: Setup.exe

    Fault Module Version: 14.0.301.0

    Fault Module Timestamp: 4b614229

    Exception Code: c0000094

    Exception Offset: 00098e1b

    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

    Locale ID: 1033

    Additional Information 1: 0a9e

    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

    Additional Information 3: 0a9e

    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

    I feel quite discouraged after seeing the ordeal the original poster has gone through, doesn't seem as if MS or HP have a viable answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments