HP Installer Setup has stopped working

Anonymous
2010-03-24T21:00:22+00:00

I am trying to install HP printer software on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer.  When I run the file it completes extraction and then I get ar error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working".  I have two options - 1, Close the Program, or 2. Windows check for a solution to the proglem and close the program.  Both of these close the program. 

Does a solution exists for this problem?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-03-27T12:20:00+00:00

It does show that  HP Photosmart C6180 is compatible with Windows 7 for both 64-bit and 32-bit computers.

The drivers come from HP to make their computer compatible with Windows 7. I would check the HP website to see if you have the latest driver set for your verison of the Photosmart printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=1153494&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

If that doesn't help, you can post your question on the HP community website. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/bd-p/Install

Thanks,

Marilyn

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-04-13T12:06:11+00:00

    Anyone else have this problem?

    Anyone find a solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-04-05T04:11:38+00:00

    Here is more information on the Crash:

    Problem signature:

    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

    Application Name: Setup.exe_HP Installer

    Application Version: 14.0.301.0

    Application Timestamp: 4b614229

    Fault Module Name: Setup.exe

    Fault Module Version: 14.0.301.0

    Fault Module Timestamp: 4b614229

    Exception Code: c0000094

    Exception Offset: 00098e1b

    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

    Locale ID: 1033

    Additional Information 1: 0a9e

    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

    Additional Information 3: 0a9e

    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

    Read our privacy statement online:

    If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txtHope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-04-02T18:07:41+00:00

    Am I the only one having this type problem?  Is this an HP or Microsoft problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-03-25T20:14:24+00:00

    Umesh, thanks for the input, but it does not resolve the issue.  I get exactly the same results - extraction completes and then I get "HP Installer Setup has stopped working".  I guess this verifies that it's not a problem with other programs running.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments