HP Installer Setup has stopped working

Anonymous
2010-03-24T21:00:22+00:00

I am trying to install HP printer software on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer.  When I run the file it completes extraction and then I get ar error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working".  I have two options - 1, Close the Program, or 2. Windows check for a solution to the proglem and close the program.  Both of these close the program. 

Does a solution exists for this problem?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-03-27T12:20:00+00:00

It does show that  HP Photosmart C6180 is compatible with Windows 7 for both 64-bit and 32-bit computers.

The drivers come from HP to make their computer compatible with Windows 7. I would check the HP website to see if you have the latest driver set for your verison of the Photosmart printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=1153494&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

If that doesn't help, you can post your question on the HP community website. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/bd-p/Install

Thanks,

Marilyn

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-08-17T05:30:42+00:00

    I have the exact same problem.  Marilyn, if you dont have an answer just fess up and say there is a problem with Win 7 or with HP.  This is absurd that you just stop responding to the questions as if the problem will just go away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-07-05T22:03:20+00:00

    I work part time repairing computer hardware and software.

    I have a client with the exact same issues, brand new Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

    Printer is also HP B209a.

    I tried running the installer under both user and administrator accounts with the same result as described in the original thread.

    I tried using the HP install Wizard, The Full software download for Windows 7 64 bit from HP ,and the included CD, each source exactly duplicates the original posters issues:

    "I am trying to install HP printer software on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer.  When I run the file it completes extraction and then I get ar error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working".  I have two options - 1, Close the Program, or 2. Windows check for a solution to the problem and close the program.  Both of these close the program. 

    Does a solution exists for this problem?"

    I also get a similar message to the original poster:

    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

    Application Name: Setup.exe_HP Installer

    Application Version: 14.0.301.0

    Application Timestamp: 4b614229

    Fault Module Name: Setup.exe

    Fault Module Version: 14.0.301.0

    Fault Module Timestamp: 4b614229

    Exception Code: c0000094

    Exception Offset: 00098e1b

    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

    Locale ID: 1033

    Additional Information 1: 0a9e

    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

    Additional Information 3: 0a9e

    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

    I feel quite discouraged after seeing the ordeal the original poster has gone through, doesn't seem as if MS or HP have a viable answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-06-05T21:55:12+00:00

    New Gateway W7 64 bit laptop.  Same install issue with HP OJ 8500 Pro A909n.  HP Installer setup has stopped working.  Neither download nor cd works for install.  Have tried all above suggestions and spent the past week working with HP.  HP has apparently given up.   Trying to install 6 month old printer on brand new laptop.  Printer installed successfully on previous laptop which was XP.  No solutions that work seem to be posted anywhere on the internet.  Any help would be appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-03-27T12:04:22+00:00

    "Did you find a solution to this problem? I am running into something very similar. I just installed Windows 7 on a brand new drive and everything went fine until I tried to install my HP All in One C7280 on the network, wired. I downloaded PS_AIO_02_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_140 from the HP site. When I run it, it quits with no message after asking for the license agreement.

     

    I checked the Event Viewer and saw the "Application Hang" entry that states "The program hpzsetup.exe version 13.0.445.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed...."

    I am having this issue as well and it very aggravating.  I am running Windows 7 and am trying to install my printer HP Photosmart C6180 which previously worked. 

    I get a Runtime Error! at C:\Users...\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS001F\Setup.exe There appears to be absolutely nothing I can do.  I have run every single Utility on Advanced System Care Pro along with Kaspersky.  Finally, the printer works perfectly fine on its own.

    My house mate is installed the Mac version of the setup software on her MAC just fine.  Microsoft.. what's the deal?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments