HP Installer Setup has stopped working

Anonymous
2010-03-24T21:00:22+00:00

I am trying to install HP printer software on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer.  When I run the file it completes extraction and then I get ar error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working".  I have two options - 1, Close the Program, or 2. Windows check for a solution to the proglem and close the program.  Both of these close the program. 

Does a solution exists for this problem?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-03-27T12:20:00+00:00

It does show that  HP Photosmart C6180 is compatible with Windows 7 for both 64-bit and 32-bit computers.

The drivers come from HP to make their computer compatible with Windows 7. I would check the HP website to see if you have the latest driver set for your verison of the Photosmart printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=1153494&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

If that doesn't help, you can post your question on the HP community website. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/bd-p/Install

Thanks,

Marilyn

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-08-15T16:29:13+00:00

    I have the same exact issues, and only different HW.  I have a DEL Precision 690 workstation with dual 64bit quad Xeon with the latest Windows 7.0 and updates.  Printer is an HP Photosmart C8180 All-In-One.  I got the same run around with MS, and actually had the same run around with HP also.

    I really beleive the problem is with MS since I've been running 7.0 professional 64bit since day one.  It did work for "many !!" months until something happened after some MS update.  I still have not succeeded.  You're not the only one.

    Ron

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-08-10T02:42:53+00:00

    i have the same problem, i even ordered the softwere from HP on DVD and still get the same error. i cant use my printer. please help

    Problem signature:

      Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

      Application Name:    Setup.exe_HP Installer

      Application Version:    13.0.445.0

      Application Timestamp:    4a734121

      Fault Module Name:    Setup.exe

      Fault Module Version:    13.0.445.0

      Fault Module Timestamp:    4a734121

      Exception Code:    40000015

      Exception Offset:    000a6def

      OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

      Locale ID:    1033

      Additional Information 1:    67d9

      Additional Information 2:    67d918b5d2dc6eb7485f13ad2e1b79c1

      Additional Information 3:    94e2

      Additional Information 4:    94e2063d6d7b27c1f4fa5e4c6677d074

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-07-28T13:56:28+00:00

    Hello,

      I have the same problema, i can not install the HP Laserjet P1006 driver and receibe the same message.

    What can i do?  Helppppp

    regards

    acc


    betocolo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-06-12T18:11:27+00:00

    Hi b2martin_a,

    1. What is the model number of the HP printer, which you are trying to install?

    2. Have you installed any other HP products?

    3. Does the issue persist in new user account?

    Note: Steps for new user account has been provided in one of my post (Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:23 PM).

    Please provide us the link from where you downloaded these HP softwares.

    Run disk cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your hard disk. And then check for the issue again.

    Refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Delete-files-using-Disk-Cleanup


    Thanks and Regards

    Umesh P - Microsoft Support. Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments