How do I put my taskbar back on bottom of screen?

Anonymous
2010-01-29T14:20:05+00:00

I need to know how do I put by taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. My task bar somehow was put to the side of the screen. Now when I go to open up a window, I am not able to see the whole window. What do I do?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-29T14:50:32+00:00

I need to know how do I put by taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. My task bar somehow was put to the side of the screen. Now when I go to open up a window, I am not able to see the whole window. What do I do?

2 ways :

  1. Right click on the taskbar, un-check Lock taskbar > put the cursor at the edge of the taskbar, click and Hold > drag it down to the bottom > right click again, put a checkmark on Lock the taskbar.
  2. Right click on an open space of the desktop > Graphic Options > Rotation > 90%. Don't forget to " Lock the taskbar ".

t-4-2

Was this answer helpful?

800+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-02-21T05:59:19+00:00

    Thank you very much. This was easy. Clicking and dragging did not work. I like my  taskbar at the bottom. dont like the side view. Thank you again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-02-11T19:13:13+00:00

    I so want to thank you for answering me and helping me get that blooming thing back down where I'm use to it being.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

    God Bless You!!!!

    Karen E. Luke

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-26T17:39:55+00:00

    Click on a blank area of the bar. When the menu appear select property, make a selection from there then lock bar in place.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-21T22:55:04+00:00

    thank you

    it was quick and painless!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments