How do I put my taskbar back on bottom of screen?

Anonymous
2010-01-29T14:20:05+00:00

I need to know how do I put by taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. My task bar somehow was put to the side of the screen. Now when I go to open up a window, I am not able to see the whole window. What do I do?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-29T14:50:32+00:00

I need to know how do I put by taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. My task bar somehow was put to the side of the screen. Now when I go to open up a window, I am not able to see the whole window. What do I do?

2 ways :

  1. Right click on the taskbar, un-check Lock taskbar > put the cursor at the edge of the taskbar, click and Hold > drag it down to the bottom > right click again, put a checkmark on Lock the taskbar.
  2. Right click on an open space of the desktop > Graphic Options > Rotation > 90%. Don't forget to " Lock the taskbar ".

t-4-2

Was this answer helpful?

800+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-22T17:34:28+00:00

    This way is far too many stepsfor my brain to remember and follow to fruition! :(  

    Hence, it was not helpful to me.. however. it does seem like 154 others could make it work.  

    I scrolled down

    touched two keys 

    moved my courser down 

    and TA DA!

    all done.

    too bad this shorter, easier suggestionis at the top of the page...

    Suggest Microsoft rearrange this list to Really help people out...'RubyCoffee

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-17T17:03:30+00:00

    It worked for me! Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-17T04:19:50+00:00

    I found the method jean suggests worked on Window 10 to put the task bar at the bottem again. Thanx Jean.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-21T21:11:55+00:00

    I need to know how do I put by taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. My task bar somehow was put to the side of the screen. Now when I go to open up a window, I am not able to see the whole window. What do I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments