How do I put my taskbar back on bottom of screen?

Anonymous
2010-01-29T14:20:05+00:00

I need to know how do I put by taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. My task bar somehow was put to the side of the screen. Now when I go to open up a window, I am not able to see the whole window. What do I do?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-29T14:50:32+00:00

I need to know how do I put by taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. My task bar somehow was put to the side of the screen. Now when I go to open up a window, I am not able to see the whole window. What do I do?

2 ways :

  1. Right click on the taskbar, un-check Lock taskbar > put the cursor at the edge of the taskbar, click and Hold > drag it down to the bottom > right click again, put a checkmark on Lock the taskbar.
  2. Right click on an open space of the desktop > Graphic Options > Rotation > 90%. Don't forget to " Lock the taskbar ".

t-4-2

Was this answer helpful?

800+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-03-26T00:41:32+00:00

    win 10 Reinstate task bar to the bottom

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-02T11:11:35+00:00

    Sorted  Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-02T23:06:57+00:00

    worked like a charm don.... thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-06-25T04:20:09+00:00

    Thanks Jean this the most common sense and easiest way to get your computer back to normal. Unless you have an ultra wide screen, most people like the taskbar on the bottom. As far back as I remember with Windows and Microsft YOU CAN Rt CLICK INSIDE THE TASKBAR AND OPEN PROPERTIES. THEN CHOOSE WHICH DIRECTION.  No tugging and sliding and slamming the taskbar. Just click and go back to your day. Now put Jean's help note at the top so people can get the help they need.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments