How do I put my taskbar back on bottom of screen?

Anonymous
2010-01-29T14:20:05+00:00

I need to know how do I put by taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. My task bar somehow was put to the side of the screen. Now when I go to open up a window, I am not able to see the whole window. What do I do?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-29T14:50:32+00:00

I need to know how do I put by taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. My task bar somehow was put to the side of the screen. Now when I go to open up a window, I am not able to see the whole window. What do I do?

2 ways :

  1. Right click on the taskbar, un-check Lock taskbar > put the cursor at the edge of the taskbar, click and Hold > drag it down to the bottom > right click again, put a checkmark on Lock the taskbar.
  2. Right click on an open space of the desktop > Graphic Options > Rotation > 90%. Don't forget to " Lock the taskbar ".

t-4-2

Was this answer helpful?

800+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-11-21T19:50:01+00:00

    I'm not sure whether you have a new or older computer, however, I have three, and the older computers the drag and drop method seems to work for them.  On my newer computer, I right click on an empty space on the task bar, click properties.  The taskbar selection location gives you the option as where you want your tool bar located--select your choice, click on lock tool bar apply and ok.

    Jean

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-01T15:41:18+00:00

    One suggestion was sort of helpful as I had this problem recently.  Right click the taskbar and then select Properties.  Properties has a drop down bar where you can choose the location of the taskbar, Yeah!  All done.

    that was easy.   thank you very much.........donald

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-09-24T20:27:29+00:00

    The best way to do in VISTA:

    press together the CTRL & ALT & ARROW (either up arrow or down or side in which you want) DO IT IN 3 SECs ............. blamey 8s work.

    On a majority of computers, that will rotate the screen, not move the Taskbar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-02T16:45:34+00:00

    This was the only answer that worked for me.  (Windows XP)  The very important distinction of clicking WITHIN the task bar and NOT on the edge or the icon was very important.  Worked like a charm the first time, after 2 days of trying everything else.  Thank you!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments