How do I put my taskbar back on bottom of screen?

Anonymous
2010-01-29T14:20:05+00:00

I need to know how do I put by taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. My task bar somehow was put to the side of the screen. Now when I go to open up a window, I am not able to see the whole window. What do I do?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-29T14:50:32+00:00

I need to know how do I put by taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. My task bar somehow was put to the side of the screen. Now when I go to open up a window, I am not able to see the whole window. What do I do?

2 ways :

  1. Right click on the taskbar, un-check Lock taskbar > put the cursor at the edge of the taskbar, click and Hold > drag it down to the bottom > right click again, put a checkmark on Lock the taskbar.
  2. Right click on an open space of the desktop > Graphic Options > Rotation > 90%. Don't forget to " Lock the taskbar ".

t-4-2

Was this answer helpful?

800+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-09-24T22:32:56+00:00

    On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:20:05 +0000, tree29 wrote:

    I need to know how do I put by taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. My task bar somehow was put to the side of the screen. Now when I go to open up a window, I am not able to see the whole window. What do I do?

    Although by default the task bar appears on the bottom of the screen,
    it can be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move it from any
    side to another, simply click on an unused part of it and drag it
    where you want it. Be sure to click within it, not on the edge;
    clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it, not move it.

    If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click on it
    and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.

    By the way, with today's wide-screen monitors, I prefer the task bar
    on the left or right side of the screen. I think that makes a better
    use of screen real estate than having it at the bottom.
    Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-25T23:41:18+00:00

    this does not work

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-24T14:29:27+00:00

    One suggestion was sort of helpful as I had this problem recently.  Right click the taskbar and then select Properties.  Properties has a drop down bar where you can choose the location of the taskbar, Yeah!  All done.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-09-24T20:17:38+00:00

    The best way to do in VISTA:

    press together the CTRL & ALT & ARROW (either up arrow or down or side in which you want) DO IT IN 3 SECs ............. blamey 8s work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments