Not enough storage is available to process this command

Anonymous
2010-02-14T06:54:55+00:00

I am trying to install the Xinput driver for Microsoft Common Controller (64 bit) onto my New PC running windows 7 with 8 gigs of Ram, Intel Quad Core, and and about 920 gigs of available hard drive space.  I am running the file as the system andminstrator and that has helped me bypass the first error I was getting which would not let me run it before but then now I get an error saying NOT ENOUGH STORAGE IS AVAILABLE TO PROCESS THIS COMMAND?  Im lost and need some help!!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-10T17:05:31+00:00

To do this follow the steps below:

  1. Click on Start > Run > regedit & press Enter
  2. Find this key name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters
  3. Locate IRPStackSize
  4. If this value does not exist Right Click on Parameters key and Click on New > Dword Value and type in IRPStackSize under the name.
  5. The name of the value must be exactly (combination of uppercase and lowercase letters) the same as what I have above.
  6. Right Click on the IRPStackSize and click on Modify
  7. Select Decimal enter a value higher than 15(Maximum Value is 50 decimal) and Click Ok
  8. You can close the registry editor and restart your computer.

Did it help?

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-07-16T18:49:08+00:00

    Thanks for the post , this helped me alot , I manually created the registry and put the registry value to 45.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-09T23:17:33+00:00

    Thanks GravityForce! That took care of my user's issue!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-03T18:55:37+00:00

    i tried all the steps but my problem is still there, please help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-26T06:15:36+00:00

    How you have solved this problem?

    I am facing same problem. and I am stuck in it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments