Not enough storage is available to process this command

Anonymous
2010-02-14T06:54:55+00:00

I am trying to install the Xinput driver for Microsoft Common Controller (64 bit) onto my New PC running windows 7 with 8 gigs of Ram, Intel Quad Core, and and about 920 gigs of available hard drive space.  I am running the file as the system andminstrator and that has helped me bypass the first error I was getting which would not let me run it before but then now I get an error saying NOT ENOUGH STORAGE IS AVAILABLE TO PROCESS THIS COMMAND?  Im lost and need some help!!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-10T17:05:31+00:00

To do this follow the steps below:

  1. Click on Start > Run > regedit & press Enter
  2. Find this key name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters
  3. Locate IRPStackSize
  4. If this value does not exist Right Click on Parameters key and Click on New > Dword Value and type in IRPStackSize under the name.
  5. The name of the value must be exactly (combination of uppercase and lowercase letters) the same as what I have above.
  6. Right Click on the IRPStackSize and click on Modify
  7. Select Decimal enter a value higher than 15(Maximum Value is 50 decimal) and Click Ok
  8. You can close the registry editor and restart your computer.

Did it help?

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-07-22T04:45:04+00:00

    I'm getting the same error trying to install Windows Installer on Windows 7.  Initially I tried Windows Installer 4.5.  The only versions that did not give me a message that they were for different versions of Windows wha tI was running were labelled Windows Server 2003 x64 & x86.  I downloaded and saved them, then ran them as administrator.  Both gave me the message "Not enough storage is available to process this command".  I have 212 GB free on my 4 disk RAID, and I'm running 16GB of RAM. I tried again with Windows Installer 3.1, with the same result.  I need the Installer to install programs I've developed in Visual Studio 2010.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-06-03T16:46:23+00:00

    i am having the same exact problem. i am using the Logitech ChillStream contoller. i was told in order for it to work properly, i had to install this driver. now. this is the 3 week trying and stil the same thing."NOT ENOUGH STORAGE IS AVAILABLE TO PROCESS THIS COMMAND" its pretty frustrating that microsoft fudged up so bad. now...according to my knowledge, it shouldnt matter that this was for xp it shoould still work for windows 7 can somone plz tell me wats goin on> im a professional gamer and i have not been able to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more