Not enough storage is available to process this command

Anonymous
2010-02-14T06:54:55+00:00

I am trying to install the Xinput driver for Microsoft Common Controller (64 bit) onto my New PC running windows 7 with 8 gigs of Ram, Intel Quad Core, and and about 920 gigs of available hard drive space.  I am running the file as the system andminstrator and that has helped me bypass the first error I was getting which would not let me run it before but then now I get an error saying NOT ENOUGH STORAGE IS AVAILABLE TO PROCESS THIS COMMAND?  Im lost and need some help!!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-10T17:05:31+00:00

To do this follow the steps below:

  1. Click on Start > Run > regedit & press Enter
  2. Find this key name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters
  3. Locate IRPStackSize
  4. If this value does not exist Right Click on Parameters key and Click on New > Dword Value and type in IRPStackSize under the name.
  5. The name of the value must be exactly (combination of uppercase and lowercase letters) the same as what I have above.
  6. Right Click on the IRPStackSize and click on Modify
  7. Select Decimal enter a value higher than 15(Maximum Value is 50 decimal) and Click Ok
  8. You can close the registry editor and restart your computer.

Did it help?

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-03-07T04:11:37+00:00

    I am experiencing the same Problem.  Running Windows 7 professional 64 bit on a home built machine. I have 30 GB free on my system drive, and after following your steps all my temp folders are empty.  Re-downloaded from the link you provided, and ran as administrator, same error.  The Exe extracts, then immediately tosses the "not enough storage space to process this command".  I ran a disk check, and a defrag to be certain there was no problem with the HD.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-02-15T01:36:04+00:00

    Hi,

     Who is the manufacturer of the computer?

     I would suggest you to clear the temp folders and check if it helps, here are the steps:

    1.      1. Click Start, type %temp% in the search box and hit enter.

    2.     2.  Press ctrl key and A, that will select all the contents and delete it. 

    Once you clear this, follow these steps:

    1.     1.  Click Start, click on computer.

    2.     2.  Open C drive, go to Temp folder and delete all the contents and check if it helps.

     I would also suggest you to download and save the Xinput Driver for Microsoft Common Controller (64 Bit) from the link below on to the computer:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d6289d8d-2478-4bf1-984c-56ffb828ba4e&displaylang=en&Hash=HQBo8olwQYkDM%2bRImauH7TXbbEwUfLeDhQ2lrUQS2fJcvO2FOgsBL0MKLTzmUwGwRodDBWY5s%2fKpKaOV%2bNuhcQ%3d%3d

     Please respond back with the status of the issue and let us know if you have any issues.

     Azam – Microsoft Support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2010-02-14T07:04:24+00:00

    I am trying to install the Xinput driver for Microsoft Common Controller (64 bit) on my new PC with 8 gigs of ram, intel quad core, and about 920 available gigs of hard drive space.  Im running the file as the system administrator and i get the errornot enough storage space to process this command, someone please help me out??

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments