Not enough storage is available to process this command

Anonymous
2010-02-14T06:54:55+00:00

I am trying to install the Xinput driver for Microsoft Common Controller (64 bit) onto my New PC running windows 7 with 8 gigs of Ram, Intel Quad Core, and and about 920 gigs of available hard drive space.  I am running the file as the system andminstrator and that has helped me bypass the first error I was getting which would not let me run it before but then now I get an error saying NOT ENOUGH STORAGE IS AVAILABLE TO PROCESS THIS COMMAND?  Im lost and need some help!!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-10T17:05:31+00:00

To do this follow the steps below:

  1. Click on Start > Run > regedit & press Enter
  2. Find this key name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters
  3. Locate IRPStackSize
  4. If this value does not exist Right Click on Parameters key and Click on New > Dword Value and type in IRPStackSize under the name.
  5. The name of the value must be exactly (combination of uppercase and lowercase letters) the same as what I have above.
  6. Right Click on the IRPStackSize and click on Modify
  7. Select Decimal enter a value higher than 15(Maximum Value is 50 decimal) and Click Ok
  8. You can close the registry editor and restart your computer.

Did it help?

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-10-23T15:46:24+00:00

    hotpants,

    It looks like your problem is similar, but differs from the original question. Please start your own question and provide the details of your problem so that we can help you further.

    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/threads

    Thank you


    Chris

    Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-10-18T11:48:26+00:00

    Hi scissorz,

     

    It looks like your problem is similar, but differs from the original question. Please start your own question and provide the details of your problem so that we can help you further.

     

    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/threads

     

    Thank you

     


    Chris

    Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

    Hi,

    The default drivers work fine. That's not the issue.

    I'm running 64-bit windows 7 with a wired xbox360 pc controller.

    The reason we are trying to get xInput to work is because we need to split the LT/RT axes in certain games.

    However we try and install Xinput and get the above error.

    It would've been nice if it had been split in the first place.

    Please help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-10-18T11:44:38+00:00

    Hi,

     Who is the manufacturer of the computer?

     I would suggest you to clear the temp folders and check if it helps, here are the steps:

    1.      1. Click Start, type %temp% in the search box and hit enter.

    2.     2.  Press ctrl key and A, that will select all the contents and delete it. 

    Once you clear this, follow these steps:

    1.     1.  Click Start, click on computer.

    2.     2.  Open C drive, go to Temp folder and delete all the contents and check if it helps.

     I would also suggest you to download and save the Xinput Driver for Microsoft Common Controller (64 Bit) from the link below on to the computer:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d6289d8d-2478-4bf1-984c-56ffb828ba4e&displaylang=en&Hash=HQBo8olwQYkDM%2bRImauH7TXbbEwUfLeDhQ2lrUQS2fJcvO2FOgsBL0MKLTzmUwGwRodDBWY5s%2fKpKaOV%2bNuhcQ%3d%3d

     Please respond back with the status of the issue and let us know if you have any issues.

     Azam – Microsoft Support.

    Ok, I've done this and it's still throwing the same error.

    The very first time you run it after rebooting it gets to the end of installation and then throws this error.

    Subsequent times it goes straight to the error.

    I am running an i7 930 overclocked @ 4ghz, 6gb ram, 8gb free on C but that shouldn't matter? I have plenty of space on my other drives and needless to say I have plenty of resources so I don't know what the deal is.

    Very frustrating.

    All I want to do is play a game and have the LT/RT split into 2 axes. Extremely annoying!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-08-25T11:36:27+00:00

    Hi scissorz,

    It looks like your problem is similar, but differs from the original question. Please start your own question and provide the details of your problem so that we can help you further.

    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/threads

    Thank you


    Chris

    Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments