Not enough storage is available to process this command

Anonymous
2010-02-14T06:54:55+00:00

I am trying to install the Xinput driver for Microsoft Common Controller (64 bit) onto my New PC running windows 7 with 8 gigs of Ram, Intel Quad Core, and and about 920 gigs of available hard drive space.  I am running the file as the system andminstrator and that has helped me bypass the first error I was getting which would not let me run it before but then now I get an error saying NOT ENOUGH STORAGE IS AVAILABLE TO PROCESS THIS COMMAND?  Im lost and need some help!!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-10T17:05:31+00:00

To do this follow the steps below:

  1. Click on Start > Run > regedit & press Enter
  2. Find this key name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters
  3. Locate IRPStackSize
  4. If this value does not exist Right Click on Parameters key and Click on New > Dword Value and type in IRPStackSize under the name.
  5. The name of the value must be exactly (combination of uppercase and lowercase letters) the same as what I have above.
  6. Right Click on the IRPStackSize and click on Modify
  7. Select Decimal enter a value higher than 15(Maximum Value is 50 decimal) and Click Ok
  8. You can close the registry editor and restart your computer.

Did it help?

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-20T08:53:34+00:00

    Not useful!. After I close the registry editor and restart automatically returns to hexadecimal and the message is the same "not enough..."when I try to install. I tried five times following instructions. Properties shows me that in C is used 75 Gb although I  installed just windows 7 64 bit.

    Additionally task manager shows me that the processor is used 100% almost continuously.

    I had vista and moved on Windows 7 64 bit about is said to be very good and stable but my experience shows me that it is not so. My computer: HP dc5800, E5600 4GB / 500GB HDD ram.

    And where is the help from Microsoft?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-07T05:23:16+00:00

    The same setting we have implemented on our webserver but issue persists..Please help..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-18T16:23:15+00:00

    I am running into two error messages and both keep leading me back to this page:

    "error code 80092004"

    -- and --

    "Not enough storage is available to process this command"

    I ran through this line by line, but it did not solve the problem. I have updated to IE11 (from IE9), but my searches claim that this error is often related to IE9. Am I wrong (missing something)?

    Has this fix worked with anyone else? That's the sound of me pounding my head on my desk (50% - lol).   )-:

    ... my friend's Mac is looking better and better by the day.... and for the record I am not a huge Apple fan.   ;-) / jk

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments