Sticky Notes font format

Anonymous
2009-11-26T08:17:54+00:00

I don't know how to change Font type of Sticky Notes in Windows 7. Can you give me a solution?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-02T12:14:32+00:00

Nguyen Hoang Son,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Answers Community.

Although DeadManWalking86 it technically right that you can not change fonts, you could go into another application, type a letter, change the font, then copy/paste into your stickynote.

Now it will be using the new font that you selected.

Hope this helps


Chris.H

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-26T08:50:44+00:00

Changing font format is not supported!

Refer the link below for details on the changes you can customize with Sticky notes:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Using-Sticky-Notes

Cheers!


In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?!

Life sucks! Get used to it!

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-01-11T06:18:37+00:00

    Tried to delete Segoe Print but get an error message saying I can't delete it because it is a "protected system font".  Can I override somehow?  This font makes sticky notes virtually unusable, and I get there is a workaround by copy/pasting from another app, but what a pain!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-09-22T14:21:17+00:00

    This worked fine as a solution until you guys forced an update inside a windows update on windows 10 that removed the ability to do this and stopped you making the size of the note smaller than the original x and y.  

    I'm a 10 year + .professional NET developer and I have to say the update process that is being forced out without warning on applications people use day to day like this really disappoints me.   There is no valid security risks from sticky notes, thus there is no reason to force an update.  Even if the framework changes for the API it is written on by your own guidelines this should be backwards compatible with in windows 10 so no need for an update due to that either.  You have simply gone 'yeah lets update' and basically just removed functionality.  

    I'd ask that you fix this and use notification center to allow a user to chose to update this.  Serious conversations are needed on these kind of policies or even guys like me will look elsewhere for a dependable solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-09-30T08:05:23+00:00

    And how can I change the font after the latest update in windows 10 (Windows 10 Pro version 1607 OS Build 14393.187)?

    Transferring markup from an other application (e.g. Word) does no longer work.

    (Sticky Notes version 1.1.40.0).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments