Sticky Notes font format

Anonymous
2009-11-26T08:17:54+00:00

I don't know how to change Font type of Sticky Notes in Windows 7. Can you give me a solution?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-02T12:14:32+00:00

Nguyen Hoang Son,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Answers Community.

Although DeadManWalking86 it technically right that you can not change fonts, you could go into another application, type a letter, change the font, then copy/paste into your stickynote.

Now it will be using the new font that you selected.

Hope this helps


Chris.H

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-26T08:50:44+00:00

Changing font format is not supported!

Refer the link below for details on the changes you can customize with Sticky notes:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Using-Sticky-Notes

Cheers!


In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?!

Life sucks! Get used to it!

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-09-24T20:35:21+00:00

    It's simple:

     

    Select the words by using Ctrl+A and then adjust it using "Shift +Ctrl+<" or "Shift+Ctrl+>".

     

    Sure this helps...:)

    Sorry, but it doesn't.  I already know how to increase or decrease the font size (that is what you are describing)...I wanted to be able to use a different font (as do many others) but Microsoft doesn't allow it.  Very stupid choice of font.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-09-23T15:30:53+00:00

    It's simple:

    Select the words by using Ctrl+A and then adjust it using "Shift +Ctrl+<" or "Shift+Ctrl+>".

    Sure this helps...:)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-09-04T17:14:13+00:00

    Chris. H

    Thank you for this little tip, happy I found it, initially I tried using Wordpad, and was about to comment that it didn't work, I then thought of giving MS Word a try and when I pasted it from there, all was good. 

    NB: When you start a new note from Start/Sticky Notes/+New, you'll be right back to using the default font of (Segoe Print Size=11) aargh - that's an awfully large & obtrusive font for such a small and very helpful little utility.

    Are there any thoughts on allowing a change to this, it doesn't need a full Font Control Dialog or pulldown, but a simple right-click on the properties to set the default font would be sufficient.

    Thanks again, Leon

    I totally agree that this is certainly not the ideal font for this utility; something like Calibri or the boring Arial would have been better.  I don't understand why Microsoft would have chosen an almost scriptlike font.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments